Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wedgewood Blue I Love You  (Read 17988 times)

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
Re: Wedgewood Blue I Love You
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 12:49:31 PM »
Now, there is another shop in spain that does ship,it was 50 euros for a smokey joe to canada..Just have to find them again...

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Wedgewood Blue I Love You
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »
I like the idea of ALL of us as a whole bombarding Weber to give us some high quality, not flimsy metal or thin crappy legs etc.. kettle offered in beautiful colors right here in the North America. Being from Illinois  and a Union man, I'd like them made in Chicago. Maybe we as a club could get a special kettle. Ooohhhh, how I would love to have a limited addition WKC kettle along with a gen blue and smoke.... ❤️️❤️️[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]❤️️❤️️❤️️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 02:23:22 PM by Travis »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »
if I get to Montreal this winter I'm coming home with an Ivory.  Do we have any members from Montreal that could point me in the right direction of a store to buy them in Montreal?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 03:03:58 PM »
if I get to Montreal this winter I'm coming home with an Ivory.  Do we have any members from Montreal that could point me in the right direction of a store to buy them in Montreal?

@captjoe06 ,  Ask this guy.  Hasn't been too active lately.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/introduce-yourself/bonjour-from-montreal/

Scroll through this PDF.  There are a couple dealers that are in the province of Quebec.

http://drmz.net/weber/Weber_MT_Colours-e.pdf
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 08:00:36 PM »
I'll take one for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 08:16:37 PM »
How about if we have a member from the club buy them for us and ship them out to us. I know it's much to ask but it's possible or no?

Webers rule

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »
Someone that lives in Canada that is? Thoughts?

Webers rule

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 05:48:04 AM »
How about if we have a member from the club buy them for us and ship them out to us. I know it's much to ask but it's possible or no?

Anything is possible but why bother for both parties involved when you could just call the store here and have one ordered for lot less money and fuss.   One member got in contact with me about getting a Smoke MT. In the end he was quoted $215 for the MT and $65 for shipping to central Ohio.  That is really good price for the kettle and the shipping rate is lot less than what I can ship out on my own. I should know as I will be shipping out almost same size with lot less weight to a almost same location for lot more money.

Just remember that these are limited special edition.  500 spring green, 500 slate, 500 ivory, and 1000 smoke. Once they are gone they are no more.

My suspicion is that although big buss beginning of this year with the release but with lack luster sale and now clearing them out at sale price now.... once they are gone Weber will not be releasing anymore in these colors. Just doesn't make business sense for Weber.  I hope I am wrong.   I want some in Blue, Gray, and Yellow.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2016, 05:53:54 AM »
Good inside. Thanks. Didn't n is about the numbers on limited edition

Webers rule

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 07:17:21 AM »

Anything is possible but why bother for both parties involved when you could just call the store here and have one ordered for lot less money and fuss.   One member got in contact with me about getting a Smoke MT. In the end he was quoted $215 for the MT and $65 for shipping to central Ohio.  That is really good price for the kettle and the shipping rate is lot less than what I can ship out on my own. I should know as I will be shipping out almost same size with lot less weight to a almost same location for lot more money.

Just remember that these are limited special edition.  500 spring green, 500 slate, 500 ivory, and 1000 smoke. Once they are gone they are no more.

My suspicion is that although big buss beginning of this year with the release but with lack luster sale and now clearing them out at sale price now.... once they are gone Weber will not be releasing anymore in these colors. Just doesn't make business sense for Weber.  I hope I am wrong.   I want some in Blue, Gray, and Yellow.

Speaking for myself, I have a threshold of what I'm willing to spend for a kettle.  It's hard for me to swallow close to $300 for a kettle when I routinely buy Performers with gas assist for under $150 and sometimes under $100.

Not saying my theory is what everyone else should be, but that is my line of thinking.

$215 is a stretch, $300 isn't going to happen for me.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 08:50:59 AM »
   So the "smart" R&D persons at weber figured there's enough Canadiens to warrant this limited edition of 2500 kettles with the ugly matte finish, now thats bad business. Good business would be to offer the WKC members one color to vote on out of three retro and euro colors offered. The winning color would be made for the public just for the one year, but a WKC limited edition of that color would be done first,where the inside of the bowl and lid are painted with matching numbers and of course the WKC logo on the lid. The WKC limited edition orders could be placed at weber or ace hardware by a set time so we could get ours before the public gets theirs and of course no UGLY MATTE FINISH. How much R&D is needed to get this done?
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 08:59:23 AM »
   So the "smart" R&D persons at weber figured there's enough Canadiens to warrant this limited edition of 2500 kettles with the ugly matte finish, now thats bad business. Good business would be to offer the WKC members one color to vote on out of three retro and euro colors offered. The winning color would be made for the public just for the one year, but a WKC limited edition of that color would be done first,where the inside of the bowl and lid are painted with matching numbers and of course the WKC logo on the lid. The WKC limited edition orders could be placed at weber or ace hardware by a set time so we could get ours before the public gets theirs and of course no UGLY MATTE FINISH. How much R&D is needed to get this done?

i like the way you're thinking @Filibuster  ;D

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 09:11:34 AM »
   Thank you, weber has reached that Americana status and I dont want to see them go out the same way RCA and Pioneer did.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 10:12:42 AM »
 I think they should do color runs in in the basic kettles. I can add any options or even build one into a Performer cart if I want. Smokey Joes, 18's, 26's, and original kettles only come in black, but we know Weber can do other colors because they they make special colors for Bud Light, Crate and Barrel and Uline. In my mind George's kettle is Weber's flagship. The poor little 18 is neglected. Weber should make these as collectable as possible. Date traceable color runs to the public makes sense to me. I don't imagine the Black kettles are jumping off the shelves either.   

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »
I have a suspicion that the colour mastertouch run in Canada was basically a test.  The market in Canada isn't that much different than what it is in the US.  I'm thinking that Weber was testing the market here to see how sales would do in North America.

Now, I don't have access to the numbers but from anecdotal evidence, it seems like the colours did OK. Certain areas of Canada sold better than others, but that would be expected.

From what I've read; the BBQ scene in Europe is quite different from what it is here in NA. There, most of the cooking is done by the woman of the house, and the women tend to be a bit more concerned with appearance as well as functionality.

The biggest issue though is storage. In this day and age of just in time delivery, companies do not want to hold inventory. That costs money. In North America the vast majority of grills are sold through big chains like Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart... Those companies want simple distribution to minimize their costs. So they order a shit load of black barbecues... same SKU, easy to pick & ship. They don't want to worry about having multiple colours sitting in a warehouse and slowing things down. Weber doesn't want that either. The vast majority of consumers are happy with that.

Also, consumers tend to be fickle!  When a survey comes out, everybody says "Yeah! I'll buy that!" But when push comes to shove.... Nope! I ain't spending that kind of money!

Just look at @captjoe06 post. for an example. He posted about wanting this blue, but then didn't want to pay that price, because he can buy a used performer for much cheaper... but then; next year he might go to Montreal and buy a Mastertouch.

Now, Joe, don't take this as a knock on you. I think we're all in a similar situation, and that's the problem Weber faces. When a bunch of us on the forum state that we can buy old grills for cheap, and wouldn't spend the crazy money Weber asks for colours, but want all the fancy colours.

I hope this made some sense.