Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe Mods **MOD Month Marathon!**  (Read 6138 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe Mods **MOD Month Marathon!**
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »
This is a work in progress, but here is what we have going on.

I had to sandblast the Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe conversion, it had been covered with a lined BGE hoodie and it turned into a rust breeding ground. Removed the door and handles and took it to bare metal.

Couple coats of 2000* High Temp primer and centered an 18" OTS for a "LBCF Mod" serving dual purpose on the Mini and a 15 gallon drum smoker.

Letting nothing go to waste, I secured the legs from the 18" to a bowl of the 14" SJS, shortening the legs 4".

This will run as a UDS with three 3/4" intake holes regulated by magnets. Bottom vent capped with nickel hole plugs.

Finishing with a few coats of Rustoleum Semi Gloss 1200* BBQ paint.

Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:27:05 AM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe Mods
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
I like it so far.

What's your plan for the fire basket, hunsaker clone?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:15:42 PM by Hell Fire Grill »
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 01:21:20 PM »
I like it so far.

What's your plan for the fire basket, hunsaker clone?

It would be nice, but likely not. It gets too hot.

Rotisserie ring on the 18" bowl. Some WSM legs on a SJ bowl. Just playing around - gotta get a jump on the next Mod Month entry!!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 01:47:09 PM »
I like how you used the bottom tabs to align the kettle with the body of the smoker, are you going to fasten the two together and put some sealant in there?

I never fastened my WSH together because I didn't want to put holes in the WSM body, and its only a fun thing I thought of while drinking beers one day.

Turns out I burned some "art" into the kettle then cooked turkey wings and fajitas on the grill shortly after.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 02:03:47 PM »
Always amazed by the mods you do, keep it up!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 02:04:10 PM »
I was twiterpated by the "LBCF mod" when I asked about fastening them together, probly not going to fasten them if you wana swap to another body.

What is the "LBCF mod"?

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »
I was twiterpated by the "LBCF mod" when I asked about fastening them together, probly not going to fasten them if you wana swap to another body.

What is the "LBCF mod"?

The infamous Larry Beercan Fisher UDS mod!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=920042354737110&set=a.646702125404469.1073741829.100001940630405&type=3&theater

The man who makes WKC members shake 'n shiver!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 04:41:13 PM »
Always amazed by the mods you do, keep it up!

Well said.  Very inspiring work.   :D :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 04:51:22 PM »
That's a pretty cool mod!
It'd be interesting to see him cook with it.
Looks like he's targeting BBQ temps the way his fire baskets set up.
I haven't tryed to Q on mine just grilling and smoking temps so far.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 08:04:15 PM »
That's a pretty cool mod!
It'd be interesting to see him cook with it.
Looks like he's targeting BBQ temps the way his fire baskets set up.
I haven't tryed to Q on mine just grilling and smoking temps so far.

Oh ye of little faith!!

Waiting for the paint to dry on the center section, but I did cook with the 18" on the BDS Mini 1427!!

https://www.facebook.com/Left-Hand-Smoke-116187658462391/?ref=hl
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:06:34 PM by swamprb »

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 08:08:47 PM »
I did cut up the 22" Jumbo Joe Premium - it will do double duty as well!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 03:27:35 PM »

steel disc heat deflector and drip pan

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 07:25:34 AM »

The Jumbo Joe Premium kettle from Wal-Mart it now has potential!

Chop Shop is now OPEN!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe Mods **MOD Month Marathon!**
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 07:33:08 AM »
That's cool. Nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

effinUker

• WKC Brave
Re: Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe Mods **MOD Month Marathon!**
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 06:30:57 AM »
That's cool.

One question - with that heavy steel deflector, wouldn't setting the drip pan right on top of that steel cause the drippings to burn and give you nasty greasy smoke?

I'm asking because I had an issue with a corned beef brisket point I was smoking this past summer. It dripped into a pan directly over the fire and I had troubles until I figured out what was happening.