Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mod Month - The Ricker Grill  (Read 2999 times)

1ROW

• WKC Brave
Mod Month - The Ricker Grill
« on: September 06, 2016, 05:56:43 PM »
This is my entry for Mod Month, The Ricker Grill. I named it after its new owner, my Dad's best friend. He was looking to get back into charcoal grills and knew of my obsession with all things Weber. He asked me to find him a table grill so I decided to build him one. Here is a link to my original post about this grill: http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/otp-project/

Here are some pictures of the build and the finished product. Many thanks to the Twin Cities grillfellas who helped me out with this, I sure enjoyed the project and getting my Dad's buddy setup in charcoal grilling again!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Mod Month - The Ricker Grill
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 06:07:42 PM »
I remember this grill. Such craftsmanship. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 06:20:35 PM »
That is nice!!!

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 06:49:46 PM »
excellent work, i'd be proud to own that grill and you should be proud having made it
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 03:55:40 AM »
That is a beautiful gift. Great build.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 04:37:48 AM »
amazingly awesome!!  Great work!! 
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 07:38:03 AM »
@1ROW  -  One hell of a MOD!!!!!  Also, what is that "wash me" grill in the background that appears to have two handles on the lid?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

1ROW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 08:54:26 AM »
Thanks all!... @MikeRocksTheRed, that's my 26er, got a little saw dusty. Added the handle on the front and an unknown bbq hinge. Handle makes it much easier to open and close.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 08:57:47 AM »
Thanks all!... @MikeRocksTheRed, that's my 26er, got a little saw dusty. Added the handle on the front and an unknown bbq hinge. Handle makes it much easier to open and close.

That makes total sense.  Without knowing about the hinged lid I was starting to think you were CRAZY!!!!!   :o ;)
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 01:00:36 PM »
Nice work! @1ROW , I might just pilfer your idea for the wooden cross braces for my 26er over the winter.
Uncommon sense seeker

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 04:00:58 PM »
I like that! Wood looks super sharp against the black! Nice job!

1ROW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »
@OGlenn, pilfer away! I love your 26er performer, been thinking about doing that for awhile. That's kinda how the idea for the wooden cross braces came about, during a 26er perfomer brainstorm. Project just didn't materialize.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 07:13:17 PM »
Should serve for many years.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"