Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 4th Annual Chicago Meetup 2016  (Read 38852 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 4th Annual Chicago Meetup 2016
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2016, 12:42:30 PM »
So each WKC member that attends will be able to submit their name in a hat for prizes.

One prize will be a Weber WOK

Weber Original Bear Claw Shredders

We are also looking into some other door prizes to hand out.

I will be bringing a stack of Weber's Big book of burgers that I will be selling for $10.  This will help recoup some of the cost of the prizes and event.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »
I will definitely get at least one may grab a couple for gifts this group kicks ars

Sent from the Weber Searching Phone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2016, 07:22:00 AM »
I'm officially in. Looking forward to it!!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2016, 07:25:25 AM »
You guys need to do a Facebook live at this event. I would love to perve what's going on from time to time. @Troy - make it happen!
Retired

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2016, 08:17:29 AM »
You guys need to do a Facebook live at this event. I would love to perve what's going on from time to time. @Troy - make it happen!

That's a great idea.
I might have to find someone to handle that, I'm not sure if I can make it now :\

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2016, 05:30:02 PM »

That's a great idea.
I might have to find someone to handle that, I'm not sure if I can make it now :\

What!??

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »
Well it looks like the plotting and scheming is going to work, I went from 10% showing to very likely 90%.

I will be bringing my 12 and 9 yr old boys with me.  We will be heading out in the morning on Saturday and staying somewhere that evening and coming back home on Sunday.

@Craig please tell me we are going to see you there.

Hotel room booked this morning. It's a go!

Yay, you finally get to meet another WKC member in person! I'm so excited for you.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2016, 03:10:37 AM »

That's a great idea.

What!??

I know, I am super bummed.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2016, 05:28:08 PM »
So just to reiterate, I'm going to provide Pop and Water, I'll have ice and Kingsford on hand, as well as a few coolers.  I'll have grills to grill on.  If you want something special to drink, or special charcoal you will have to bring that.  It would be nice to have a list of people who plan to show up and weather or not they are going to cook something.  It's always nice to show off some of your cooking handy work, but not necessary.  I myself will prob not cook anything as I'll be to busy to have any time to throw anything together.....unless no one is gonna cook then I'll be forced to cook some hotdogs or something........Lets plan on noon but if your a little later no prob.....Ernie usually shows up in the afternoon :^)  As always old grills are welcome....

My address is

1266 Sycamore
Elgin Illinois 60123
U States
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2016, 05:48:16 PM »
I was thinking about stopping by for a while to meet some fellow kettle heads and check out some of the grills on display. I don't have any old enough / nice enough kettles for displaying.

addicted to charcoal...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:50:56 PM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2016, 06:31:41 PM »
I will be making the voyage out from NY. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I don't think I will be cooking anything unless I can figure out a way to bring it with me in a cooler on the train. I will, however, be bringing Apple Smoked Gouda Cheese from my family's dairy.

I can't wait to see the 18.5 red Wood Dale that Brian restored. The last time I saw it, it was just a box full of rusty parts.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2016, 06:39:07 PM »
Bring your camera Dan.  There will be LOTS of cool old grills here!!!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2016, 07:15:19 PM »
Bring your camera Dan.  There will be LOTS of cool old grills here!!!

Oh i will.  ;D  I am really looking forward to checking out all the awesome old grills. I have never even seen a Glenn Blue in person before.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2016, 05:40:12 AM »
My wife and I will definitely be there. I should probably bring something to grill.
Growing family = growing kettles!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2016, 05:46:07 AM »
Hey Guys...let's keep this list running and up to date to make things easier for Brian so he can plan accordingly and account for food we will have for the event.  Please copy and paste and add your names with # of guests.  It wouldn't hurt either if anyone that is able to could bring a bag of ice for all the coolers!

Definite attendees:

LightningBoldtz -Jeff Boldt + 2 boys 12 & 9
Shoestringshop  "Dan" + Wife -                   bringing Stuffed pork tenderloin and some grill
Jeff  +1                                                     Still giving thought to what I'll make.  I'll update as soon as I decide.  Some grills too.
Saugust  +1
Dan NY                                                      Apple Smoked Gouda Cheese
Kneab
Bob BQ
Craig
JEBIV  +1
DonoBBQ
RumBar   ?
brewtownbeatdown
zavod44                                                      water, soda, ice
cwestsmokin +1
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:51:23 AM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!