Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hear ye hear ye! Weber warming racks!  (Read 5504 times)

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:46:31 AM by Bustin Butt »
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Hear ye hear ye! Weber warming racks!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 06:55:30 AM »
I assume it's a legit weber warming rack.  I ordered and now have two of them.  Never really looked close at one that I knew was Weber to see if these are it or not.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 06:59:04 AM »
I assume it's a legit weber warming rack.  I ordered and now have two of them.  Never really looked close at one that I knew was Weber to see if these are it or not.
This could be a Napoleon brand, but the website is advertising it as a Weber.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 08:14:15 AM »
It's a knockoff that costs about the same, although this one purports to be "mixed stainless steel," whereas the Weber is nickel-plated, like one of their heavier grill grates.

Weber #3200:

Seems like there's less curve, and less cooking area. Would be interesting to know if it can used on an 18 (the Weber won't fit.)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 08:16:07 AM »
Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 08:16:31 AM »
This could be a Napoleon brand, but the website is advertising it as a Weber.

Yes! And here's a cheaper link, with dimensions etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Napoleon-Warming-Charcoal-Kettles-Between/dp/B00ZF6JZ7S
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:42:19 AM »
Weird, I just looked at my Amazon history and the one I ordered were the weber ones from Weber, but comparing what I actually got to the picture of what I ordered, I did not get Weber warming racks unless Weber had changed the design but didn't update the picture.  Mine look like the Naploeon and one in the link from @Bustin Butt.

Here is what Amazon shows I ordered....definitely not what I received.  I really don't care though.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »
Weird, I just looked at my Amazon history and the one I ordered were the weber ones from Weber, but comparing what I actually got to the picture of what I ordered, I did not get Weber warming racks unless Weber had changed the design but didn't update the picture.  Mine look like the Naploeon and one in the link from @Bustin Butt.

Here is what Amazon shows I ordered....definitely not what I received.  I really don't care though.
Are you satisfied with the one you have? If you are I might order me one...or two or three lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 12:58:35 PM »

Are you satisfied with the one you have? If you are I might order me one...or two or three lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't used mine yet.  When I first got them I ordered two so I could use one and hang onto the other since its a discontinued Weber product, but never bothered using it.  Now that I know it isn't a weber product I'll probably bring one into use the next time I'm doing a cook that warrants it.  Have also thought that I can probably use both at the same time along with the vortex to do a double batch of wings if I ever need to cook that many.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:01:35 PM by MikeRocksTheRed »

eyevandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 01:15:03 PM »
Those BBQ PARTS guys on Amazon are a bunch of clowns. I don't think they probably ever had any legitimate Weber warming racks. I ordered one from them and the picture was definitely OEM. What I got looked like the Napoleon but it's a piece of crap. I think it's just bare steel. Will probably start rusting from day one.

So I told them they sent the wrong thing. They said "oh we must have put the wrong item in by mistake" and offered a refund. I asked if they could just send the correct rack. What do you know, they don't have any left and the stock disappears from Amazon.

I haven't sent it back yet and noticed they had 8 more in stock earlier this week. I asked again if they could do an exchange. "Let me check inventory." What do you know, the 8 units all disappear again. No doubt in my mind, they are listing this as OEM which is incredibly rare and always $30 plus, then when people order, they send a cheap crap Napoleon which probably costs them $2. They hope the customer doesn't notice.

Think about it ... Weber hasn't sold this as retail since the MT came back, it's one of the exclusive perks of that grill. So where would the BBQ parts guys be getting them? They probably never had any in the first place.

If this happened to you guys too I would definitely not keep it, you got shafted. Stick it to these jerks, make them pay for a return and then kill their merchant rating.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 01:29:40 PM »
Those BBQ PARTS guys on Amazon are a bunch of clowns. I don't think they probably ever had any legitimate Weber warming racks. I ordered one from them and the picture was definitely OEM. What I got looked like the Napoleon but it's a piece of crap. I think it's just bare steel. Will probably start rusting from day one.

So I told them they sent the wrong thing. They said "oh we must have put the wrong item in by mistake" and offered a refund. I asked if they could just send the correct rack. What do you know, they don't have any left and the stock disappears from Amazon.

I haven't sent it back yet and noticed they had 8 more in stock earlier this week. I asked again if they could do an exchange. "Let me check inventory." What do you know, the 8 units all disappear again. No doubt in my mind, they are listing this as OEM which is incredibly rare and always $30 plus, then when people order, they send a cheap crap Napoleon which probably costs them $2. They hope the customer doesn't notice.

Think about it ... Weber hasn't sold this as retail since the MT came back, it's one of the exclusive perks of that grill. So where would the BBQ parts guys be getting them? They probably never had any in the first place.

If this happened to you guys too I would definitely not keep it, you got shafted. Stick it to these jerks, make them pay for a return and then kill their merchant rating.

If you look at the link in my post, it was a discontinued Weber Warming rack sold by Weber, and I still got the knock off.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »
@eyevandy thanks for the heads up. I ordered one this morning, but was able to cancel my order in time and my account got refunded. It's clearly that the store is misleading with that ad. That is why I brought it here to get some input from you guys.

eyevandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »

If you look at the link in my post, it was a discontinued Weber Warming rack sold by Weber, and I still got the knock off.

No I know ... same with me. I'm just saying, it should have been a tip off to me that these are gone from Amazon and suddenly one seller has 8 of them. Where would they suddenly get that many from?

Looks like anything less than $35 is good price for these now. If someone is selling them for way less than that it might be one of these knock offs. I got one from ebay for $32 shipped and I feel pretty lucky.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 07:30:47 PM »
They're available here in Canada at any Weber dealer. I think I paid around 33 bucks CDN.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 09:06:21 PM »
This one?  You can order them here. They ship to the us.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0012CH37I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1