Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Team Cookout  (Read 1267 times)

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
Team Cookout
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:02:02 AM »
My son's lacrosse team had a home game yesterday. We organized a cookout afterwards so the parents could take some time to talk and let the kids have some fun.

I ran the grills, along with another coach.

What amused me was how many kids had never seen a charcoal grill before, and how many of the ones that had, never saw lump charcoal. A couple of kids honestly wanted to know if I was using real wood. Let that sink in for a while...

They all came back later and wanted to make sure that I knew how much they loved the burgers and they've never had any like them before.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Team Cookout
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:17:24 AM »
That's an awesome thing to do for the kids!
Never seen a charcoal grill before...

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »
"Is that wood?"[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 11:17:24 AM »
Nice job! Love bringing the next generation into the fold.

Was it fun wheeling the red one around like that? :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »
It was fun wheeling them all out. Was pretty funny when some of the parents were asking if we borrowed from the neighbors and my wife rolled her eyes and said "No, these all belong to him."
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 12:08:42 PM »
Cool. And that's when you roll your eyes when she says she wants food. ;)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Kamado_fan_UK

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 11:03:24 PM »
Weberitis-there's no know cure-lovely to see a bit of lumpwood on the go-doing a big cook in a few weeks-WSM + 2 kettles-really going to get some smoke going!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk