Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First cook on my Roti  (Read 2007 times)

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
First cook on my Roti
« on: April 24, 2016, 03:40:44 PM »
I bought the rotisserie from Amazon for 82$ shipped to my house
My first cook was a 7 lb eye round took only 1.5 hours
At 250 . Took it to 135IT .. Family said it was
The best ever.. I can't wait to do chickens.
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: First cook on my Roti
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:56:04 PM »
Nice cook.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 06:43:14 PM »
I have GOT to get on this and do something other than chickens on mine!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:54:30 AM »
There is defiantly a learning curve.. Had to rotate the ring and have the motor front to back. Originally
Side to side. .. This counter wait was hitting the handle..
But it was all good
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

robertn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 06:10:58 AM »
Hi Lemans,

Did you cook with the lid off or on.  I seem to have conflicting information.  The two times I have done chickens they were very dark (on the verge of being burnt).  In both situations I had the lid on.  I did see a video on line where the guy recommend no lid and believes everyone using the lid is wrong.  Just curious as to what the general consensus around here is.
Thanks.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 06:40:35 AM »
Hi Lemans,

Did you cook with the lid off or on.  I seem to have conflicting information.  The two times I have done chickens they were very dark (on the verge of being burnt).  In both situations I had the lid on.  I did see a video on line where the guy recommend no lid and believes everyone using the lid is wrong.  Just curious as to what the general consensus around here is.
Thanks.

I've been doing the same thing, and have been wondering the same thing you have been.  I've been using the lid mostly due to time constraints.  I'm thinking that if I have the time to do a chicken with the lid off it will be amazing.  And who knows, it might not even take that much more time.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 06:47:48 AM »
@MrHoss did a cook-up with the lid off.  He might have some more info to add.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/rotisserie-chicken-open-pit-style/
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 06:09:18 PM »
I did my eye round with the lid on.. It cooked really fast like an hour and a half to fit the IT of 135
 The grill was sitting at like 300 .. But I watched it closely and check temp every 20 mins.  It was my
First try so I didn't want to mess it up.but it came out great .  I used salt pepper and garlic
  The drip pan had beef stock that combined with the drippings as a wonderful au jui