Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105497 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #510 on: April 06, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »
You in a Gremlin....now I understand

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #511 on: April 06, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »
it was rolling birth control thanks to my parents.  i didn't pay for the thing. 

the first car i bought was a '74 cutlass with a rocket 455.  ;)

which in it's own way, was kinda ugly. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #512 on: April 06, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »
I am curious about the width of the frame on the 3 wheeler and if a 26 kettle will fit in it.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #513 on: April 06, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »
So these super insulated cookers - what are the other benefits besides using less fuel?  Please tell me there is more to it than that.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #514 on: April 06, 2016, 05:17:00 PM »
Long time Mac user here. The appeal for me is 50% hardware, 50% software, 50% user experience, 50% intangible.

Doesn't add up to 100? Not my problem.

It would be wise to keep platform wars out of this.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #515 on: April 06, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »
 I have no doubt this will perform very well and make some great food.  If I was in the market for one I would definitely get this over a BGE but for now my Akorn will suffice for my needs in this area, but maybe someday...

I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #516 on: April 06, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »
I'm sad, very limited spots for some zavod44 bling

hogsfan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #517 on: April 06, 2016, 06:22:27 PM »
I love my mac. It's 4 years old and runs as good as the day I got it. I've never had another laptop do that. Also, it's extremely light and portable and works seamlessly with my other apple products which saves me a ton of time. The screen is beautiful and sharp and yes, it's never gotten a virus and I think it's crashed once in 4 years. (That's not snobbery...it's a good thing when computers don't crash, right?!?)

Also the track pad is fantastic.

I've used other computers. This one is better than the other's I've had. I'm not a snob. I'm just happy with this purchase.

Weird to attack and generalize people based on what type of computer they buy.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:26:51 PM by hogsfan »

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2016, 07:04:43 PM »
You'd think for the price they're asking that they would include a handle light like they do on the Summit gas grills?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2016, 08:18:04 PM »
You'd think for the price they're asking that they would include a handle light like they do on the Summit gas grills?

On this note does this come with a cover?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #520 on: April 06, 2016, 08:24:06 PM »

On this note does this come with a cover?

That was the other thing I was wondering about? Keep in mind that the most expensive charcoal grill that Weber offered up until yesterday, (Ranch Kettle) still doesn't have a cover.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #521 on: April 06, 2016, 08:39:00 PM »
I love my mac. It's 4 years old and runs as good as the day I got it. I've never had another laptop do that. Also, it's extremely light and portable and works seamlessly with my other apple products which saves me a ton of time. The screen is beautiful and sharp and yes, it's never gotten a virus and I think it's crashed once in 4 years. (That's not snobbery...it's a good thing when computers don't crash, right?!?)

Also the track pad is fantastic.

I've used other computers. This one is better than the other's I've had. I'm not a snob. I'm just happy with this purchase.

Weird to attack and generalize people based on what type of computer they buy.

There was no attack.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #522 on: April 07, 2016, 03:21:41 AM »
 I like to fly fish. I like the challenge of catching a big fish on light tackle, I like being able to take a bare hook and tie on some feathers and hair and fool a fish into thinking it's something he wants to eat. That being said I know that there are other fly fishermen who are pompous, snotty, stuck up condescending jerks who couldn't "fish" to save their lives, it's all a lifestyle appearance thing to them. I know that by using the same equipment they do I'm going to get lumped in with them by some but I really don't care. I get out of it what I want and could care less what others think.
    The Kamado thing is like that. I love my KJ, I know it's expensive, I know I didn't "need" it, but I love it. I'm glad Webers done this. Hopefully it'll be like the car companies where good ideas that first show up in their high end models filter down into their base models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #523 on: April 07, 2016, 03:40:43 AM »
$2000 delivered for the one I want!
Too expensive for me but.
I also hunt... Teachers spend $6000 on a Honda 4 wheeler, $1000 on a rifle & mid priced scope.
$1000 on a rigged bow.
$40,000 on a used 4 wheel drive truck!
I fish , a bass boat used will cost $20,000 & you need a vehicle to tow.
Outdoor cooking is a CHEAP hobby!!!
If I wasn't being retired 4/30/17 I'd try to get one

Have to agree with that 100%......cooking is certainly the cheapest hobby I have, but yet it is probably the most consistently rewarding.  The others involve a lot more planning, time, and money.  I really got serious about cooking a few years ago when my first daughter was born.  We stopped going places as often and I needed something to keep me busy at home.  Grilling/smoking was the answer.  I now have a 2nd daughter, so 2 kids under 3yrs old plus a step daughter who is graduating HS this year.  I haven't hunted, fished, camped, offroaded my Jeep, and I've barely ridden my motorcycles (3) other than an occasional commute.  No time for much of any of it currently.  I could easily liquidate a few of those toys and make a Summit Charcoal happen.  In fact, I might.......just not until I see one in person, and not at full retail.

If it sticks around, I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point.  I think it could replace my Performer for daily use, and I could be wrong, but I DON'T think it could replace my 22 WSM.  At least once a year I load it up with around 50lbs of pork butts for a large party.  I know they claim more "cooking area" than a 22 WSM with an elevated rack, but I'm not talking about a 1" thick T-bone.  I need some vertical clearance.  If I get a look at one in person and decide I can jamb that much pig in it......I'll have one sooner than later and will remove the performer and WSM from my stash.
-Keith

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #524 on: April 07, 2016, 04:28:00 AM »
no one ever says, "i realize its triple the cost of similar products, but I just like the way it looks and feels"
maybe not about grills.

but gibson wouldn't be around if guitar players didn't feel that way. 

that's exactly what they say, which is complete horse feces. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.