Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Korean Beef Bulgogi  (Read 2588 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Korean Beef Bulgogi
« on: February 08, 2016, 05:28:01 PM »
Picked up a Korean BBQ attachment on the weekend and was itching to try it out so I went out and got supplies today.

Marinated the beef ribs in some Bulgogi marinade for 4 hours then got AcrossFromHoss over to help me eat. I did not use the Gourmet grill grate....didn't think I needed it as the attachment fits nicely in an 18.

To eat the meat hot I did 2 rounds of beef cooking. For the first round of eating I got in shit from AFH for making Korean burritos........I didn't know I was doing it wrong:

Tasted good but the second go at it I believe I got it more "right":

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

SixZeroFour

Re: Korean Beef Bulgogi
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:24:26 PM »
Looking real good Hoss! Way to dive in and git'r'done!

And would you believe that I also had my first ever real Korean BBQ bulgogi just last night as well!?! What are the chances?! And it was made on a red 26'r ;D
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:54:21 PM »
Cool attachment and a very welcome dinner invite. Tasty and fun to play with your food. That chili paste was killer. pork belly and shrimp on me next time.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:59:51 PM »
Looking real good Hoss! Way to dive in and git'r'done!

And would you believe that I also had my first ever real Korean BBQ bulgogi just last night as well!?! What are the chances?! And it was made on a red 26'r ;D

Crazy huh!!
His looks better than ours. I think we were too drunk to grill...
#SuperBowlParty

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 07:02:06 AM »
Looks really good Mr Hoss ! Wish I lived in your neck of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 03:54:56 PM »

You're right, it does! Sir Hoss always knows what he's doing behind the grill! I must say ours tasted pretty amazing thou, especially the pork.

Somehow I, the rookie, was nominated to man the tongs for the cook. Troys being nice by saying "we" lol... I'm never going to live down those 4 asparagii ;D

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 04:05:55 PM »
Hoss always knows what he's doing behind the grill

You're making me blush 6.

Just like everyone I've messed up cooks....maybe more than my fair share. The smart ones amongst us try and learn though.

The second batch of meat for this cook needed some more heat so I should have added some small lump pieces to the coal bed when taking off the first batch of meat. Also the excess marinade on the beef collected and caked on the gourmet attachment. Next time I am gonna run the meat between my fingers to remove any excess before I toss it on the thing.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »

You're right, it does! Sir Hoss always knows what he's doing behind the grill! I must say ours tasted pretty amazing thou, especially the pork.

Somehow I, the rookie, was nominated to man the tongs for the cook. Troys being nice by saying "we" lol... I'm never going to live down those 4 asparagii ;D
Sorry about making you man the tongs.
My back was seriously messed up.
I'm all better now

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SixZeroFour

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »
lol, I didn't mind one bit. And glad to hear the backs doing better. You need to stop lifting those heavy boxes filled with Limes and Blueberries ;)

@MrHoss - how was the cleanup of the BBQ attachment? And did the meat stick to it at all as you were cooking? I loved the flavour and will be trying this at home again soon.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 07:16:04 PM »
@SixZeroFour - the meat didn't stick to the attachment but the cleanup was a damn chore. I soaked it in hot soapy water and scrubbed it maybe 8 times before the damn thing came clean. Too much excess marinade.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »
@SixZeroFour - the meat didn't stick to the attachment but the cleanup was a damn chore. I soaked it in hot soapy water and scrubbed it maybe 8 times before the damn thing came clean. Too much excess marinade.
Yeah bulgogi marinade is tough on grates. Keep away from craycorts

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 06:51:05 AM »
Crazy huh!!
#SuperBowlParty

Never too drunk to grill....the key is being drunk enough to eat whatever you mess up when drunk grilling!  LOL
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 07:04:24 AM »
Crazy huh!!
#SuperBowlParty

Never too drunk to grill....the key is being drunk enough to eat whatever you mess up when drunk grilling!  LOL
Haha!
Honestly,  I hurt my back pulling a lime 22 out of 604s truck. I could only stand up perfectly straight.