Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rib dilemma  (Read 2678 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rib dilemma
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 02:30:06 PM »
I came to a KETTLE website and now I kind of want a WSM :)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 06:12:34 PM »
Yeah I know I could have used racks, I prefer not to use them, also I don't mind using the WSM especially when I got other things to do and won't be around for most of the cook.

Austin87, get one if you can. You can never have too many options for cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 07:15:02 AM »
@iCARRY  -  I understand your delemma.  Smart and Final has Spare ribs on sale for $1.47 right now.  I wanted to pick up one rack to do on New Years Eve to come off the grill around midnight for a late night snack for everyone.  I got to Smart and Final and couldn't beleive how big a rack of pork spare ribs were.  I guess maybe I have never seen a rack of spare ribs before??  I didn't think I'd be able to time that big hunk of meat right for it to be ready at or shortly after midnight so I went with a pack of pork back ribs.  In the end it was the right decision especially since they came off at 11:45pm and were ready to eat after the ball dropped, but I am definitely interested in do some big ass spare ribs.  How long did they end up taking?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 10:57:21 AM »
I pulled them off at 6.5 hours. They were a little over cooked. Not too bad though. Probably perfect at 6 hours. Temp never went over 239, no water in the pan, no wrap. Just cooked straight through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk