Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Adjust-A-Burger by Kitchen Art  (Read 3273 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Adjust-A-Burger by Kitchen Art
« on: December 24, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »
I don't normally go for these types of "gimmicky" things, but ….

My wonderful and amazing Mom got me this for Christmas, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Normally for burgers, I use lean ground beef, and then I add a bunch of "stuff" for added flavour.

This time I decided to use medium ground beef.  Just a little S&P sprinkled on each side.  Nothing else.

Made 1 half pounder, and 2 one-third pounders.

When using ground meat, I prefer to let things "set-up" in the fridge for a number of hours.  In this case, about 5 hours.

On to a pre-heated grill.  Some direct, and some indirect.

I am very impressed with this item.  Uniform patties …. Might take a bit of time, but no more than forming with one's hands.  Easy clean-up.

I recommend it.  And, no, I have no affiliation with this product.  Here is their website.

https://www.kitchenart.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=18000

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Re: Adjust-A-Burger by Kitchen Art
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 09:35:27 AM »
Very cool product.  Your mom definitely is wonderful!

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »
Great review Mac - Thanks!

Takes the guess work out of portioning.

Merry Christmas!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 09:44:47 AM »
It looks like they didn't puff too much in the middle which would have been my concern. Definitely some good looking patties.

I'd love to see how a couple of the thin "store" patties come out - I love a burger with a couple of thin patties and melted cheese on each one!

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 12:35:15 PM »
The inch thick patty with unused bun all around it makes me a sad panda... But I am all for thin patties that if anything stick out a little around the bun. The cut shot shows a great crust around the burger though looked to have been cooked very well!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 06:08:57 AM »
I can see some value here; would be concerned however that it might promote too much compacting of the meat, which can cause texture and juices to suffer. (Hey, been reading my Big Book of Burgers!)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 06:42:02 AM »
I can see some value here; would be concerned however that it might promote too much compacting of the meat, which can cause texture and juices to suffer. (Hey, been reading my Big Book of Burgers!)

I fully understand that concern.  Normally when I make patties by hand, I find I over-work the mixture a bit too much.

Only used this gadget once, so I literally took the ground beef straight from the package and pressed it into the mold to avoid the above.

You can tell in that 4th pic that I did not work it too much.  Still see all of the strands.  :) :)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.