Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Do you see what I see?  (Read 22649 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Re: Do you see what I see?
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2013, 11:07:05 AM »
So...you have a crazy old uncle do ya?   I'll take his prototype...I've got the other two!  JK!!

As far as my opinion, if every effort is made to try and contact the owner with no luck, then try again, leave a note, a replacement grill, speak to a neighbor, or something.  Plus...if you know the history of the site like it hasn't been lived in for years, its overgrown with weeds and trees...then go for it.  At that point, nobody obviously cares about the place or the property.

If I had that crazy old uncle I'd be waiting in his driveway. I might even make loud noises to try and speed the process along!!

I don't think I'd have a problem with the scenario you mentioned, Jeff. It looks like efforts were made to chase down that info by the guys here.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2013, 11:10:45 AM »
Maybe you missed this Mark. No worries.

I just live a few blocks from the harbor. They are clearing out that empty lot for a custom home. I saw it, but never got a chance to grab it. My paddle partner lives across the street. It was headed for the dumpster in the street any day. I'm so glad someone here rescued it.

Yeah, I saw that, Casey. I was just answering HeyJude. He had asked me a question a last week and I was away from the net. I'm glad it was rescued too. That sounds like a justifiable procurement to me. Yeah, I know I'm contradicting myself in some ways. The property was owned by someone, but if it was going to be trashed, and obviously so, I'd have grabbed it too.
 8)

Casey

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2013, 11:20:19 AM »
Yeah, they are always tearing old houses down in these neighborhoods and replacing them with custom homes. The buliders usually don't care since they just trash everything. I'm surprised it lasted that long with all of the scrap metal collectors around here. I will be watching a little more closely now. The flea market out here is also a good place to find old webers. That's where I got my red one. 

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
Hey mark,
How does one actually fall off the "Net" as you say.. I try, but its all aorund me.
My comment wasn't directed at just you, Aas you can see by the responses.)
I apprecaite you getting back to me as well.
I wanted to see what the collective group thoght about the issue. Morals, etc..
Clearly we feel that if efforts are made, we are doing a "Rescue".
Someday I'll find my own to rescue, but not too many weed overgrown houses where I live..

Speaking of Uncles, did ya read my post in the "of topic " section. Check it out, it still amazes me! AJ 8)

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/why-can't-i-have-an-uncle-like-this/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:28:51 PM by Heyjude »
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »

The only possible conclusion I can see is that WE ARE: "his nephew with a Weber problem "

( Here at WKC )
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2013, 12:29:28 PM »
Amen Buckie, Amen.. 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »

The number is seven now........seven. :)

The only possible conclusion I can see is that WE ARE: "his nephew with a Weber problem "

( Here at WKC )

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2013, 07:03:59 PM »

WE ARE: "his nephew with a Weber problem "
( Here at WKC )
That's TAGLINE material right there!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2013, 07:11:57 PM »
I had my eye on that Lime for almost a year.  It never moved, and no one was there.  That being said, (and I think it was gone over before) I rally was torn.  I didn't just want to steal someones stuff even though it was clearly abandoned.  The satellite pictures showed it hadn't moved in almost two years.  I would never have taken that grill without exhausting every option.  Honestly If Rielly hadn't thought of leaving a brand new grill I prob wouldn't have had the guts to take it...I feel like we for sure upgraded the homeless man that may or may not have been using that.  For me it was a really tough decision even though we all know the next step was tossing it in the dumpster  when they cleared the property.  I  don't think anyone here would take something off someones property who clearly lived there...That place in California was clearly abandoned .  If we don't get them , then this is usually the outcome....

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2013, 07:14:01 PM »
I remember that pic. Makes you want to reach out and grab it!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »
My buddy took this, if I had seen this I would have stopped him...did you notice, this is another lime!
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »
Limes seem to be the "ugly duckling" of kettles.....to the pedestrian grilling population that is.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »
My buddy took this, if I had seen this I would have stopped him...did you notice, this is another lime!
Damn those limes always throwing their lives away! Get off that junk! You limes hear me!  >:( ................almost as bad as those reds and thier bad attitudes. You hear me out there reds? Stop starting trouble! >:(

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2013, 07:45:20 PM »
Damn those limes always throwing their lives away! Get off that junk! You limes hear me!  >:( ................almost as bad as those reds and thier bad attitudes. You hear me out there reds? Stop starting trouble! >:(
So Limes are neurotic and have suicidal tendencies and redheads are bitchy?  ???  So does this mean that browns are just poopy?  ;D

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2013, 08:18:40 PM »
Maybe Brown are the warriors, in the rear with the gear.  Just quietily getting the work done.  Blues are royal, standing aloof and hard to get.  Greens are in hidding in plain sight, like camo kettle ninja's.  Black classic kettles are readily recognizable backyard symbols that can be found anywhere.   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:20:20 PM by reillyranch »