Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend - Pic Heavy  (Read 1112 times)

blieb

• WKC Brave
Labor Day Weekend - Pic Heavy
« on: September 12, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »
Labor Day weekend was a guys' weekend at the beach.  I brought the WSM 14.5" and it worked like a CHAMP.  Meals were fantastic.  I enjoyed the beach and cooking every day.

I wanted to get in on the burger throwdown, but closest we got was the pulled pork sammys.

Thursday night:  Smoked salmon, corn, dinner rolls.
Forgot to bring pecan chips as I had planned.  I have been using pecan chips with fish recently and really like it ... used applewood instead.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday - put on some beef ribs with hickory wood.  Didn't get enough smoke on them, but cooked right, tender.
Leftover salmon transformed into salmon salad on toasted rolls.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday night low country boil:

Saturday, 2 x 6lb pork butts.  Came out really good, some of my best butts to date.
Served with coleslaw, macaroni salad, onion rings, fries, and Texas toast.
Butts got hickory and applewood.
Crust was amazing.

Buddy is a mixer:

Traditional plate:

Sunday, bloody mary's:
Got a little carried away.  Crack bacon (sugar and black pepper), Lime+Tangerine+ChocolateCherry, pulled pork slider, smoked salmon toast point.

Ribs for dinner:
Mostly applewood, little hickory.
They were a HUGE hit.  Great smoke flavor, nice ring.

Smokers:    WSM 22" | WSM 14.5"
Performers: Plum SS  | Red Fade SS

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Labor Day Weekend - Pic Heavy
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »
Bloody f$@&ing awesome!!  Love it.  :D 8) 8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Labor Day Weekend - Pic Heavy
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »
All looks good. I'll eat those last ribs till it hurts, though.
Still need a 22” yellow