Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Labor Day Weekend Burger Throwdown PHOTO Thread - Submit your entry here!  (Read 22003 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Great start guys! I'm still searching for the buns for my ultimate burger. Hopefully cookin them up this evening.

SixZeroFour

Here's a food safety question for you guys... looking for some wisdom here 8)

I had planned to cook my burgers last night and had made the patties earlier in the day. They were wrapped in butchers paper and stuck in the fridge until about 5:30 last night when I took them out to cook... well just as I did that my father called and asked if we wanted to come by for pizza so we had a quick change of plans. Crappy part is, I left the cold burgers (still in the paper) sitting out on the counter and it was a couple hours before we came home and found them. The package still felt cool to the touch but should I start over? Not an issue re-making but Id like to not waste it if possible.

Thoughts??
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

WNC

• WKC Performer
Great start! Burgers look wonderful, can't wait to get mine started. Not sure if it's gonna be tonight or tomorrow though.

WNC

• WKC Performer
Here's a food safety question for you guys... looking for some wisdom here 8)

I had planned to cook my burgers last night and had made the patties earlier in the day. They were wrapped in butchers paper and stuck in the fridge until about 5:30 last night when I took them out to cook... well just as I did that my father called and asked if we wanted to come by for pizza so we had a quick change of plans. Crappy part is, I left the cold burgers (still in the paper) sitting out on the counter and it was a couple hours before we came home and found them. The package still felt cool to the touch but should I start over? Not an issue re-making but Id like to not waste it if possible.

Thoughts??

That's a tough one, but I'd error on the side of caution. Unless you like your burgers well done, then I don't think it would be a problem. You don't want to wind up like Brian's dogs...

SixZeroFour

I think that's prob good advice - thanks WNC.

Ah well... the burgers must go on ;D

SixZeroFour

I was really hoping to come up with something super creative but had to fall back on a twist of a stand by favorite, but I have a decent excuse... I became an Uncle!! My Sister just had a gorgeous little baby girl and today I got to hold my niece for the very first time! Both our boys were beyond excited to gain a little cousin as well 8) Good times! and then I got to come home and cook up some Burgers which was icing on the cake.

I've made these Portobello burgers before but this time made a few little tweaks...

Out comes the griddle for bacon duty:

Mushrooms flashed in the bacon grease - you just cant have enough bacon flavour in a good burger 8)

After a bath in the good stuff...

Chopped up and ready to load into the patties:

Here they are all loaded up and seasoned with some EAT BBQ seasoning (Sorry Winz, you have me hooked on this stuff :) )

Why not give the burgers a quick flash as well:

Then moved over to indirect heat with just a small piece of Hickory smoking away:

I've always wanted to test out frozen fries just tossed in a veggie basket so today was the day!

A healthy spoonful of Blues Hog Smokey Mountain into each:

Burgers capped off with cheese and bacon added to top. Buns also toastin' away...

MmmmMmMmmmMMMmm....

And finally time to dig in!

I wasn't a huge fan of the fries cooked this way to be honest... good but not great. My wife loved them however which was a nice surprise!

Thanks for looking guys! and have a great long weekend.

Matt

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
More "burger boats" or....."burger rafts"?

These are looking more appealing all the time.....great cookup !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

WNC

• WKC Performer
Another great cook, Six your posts are always top notch!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
     Great looking burgers Matt !  Love that griddle too. Thanks for helping with the thread and congrats on the new addition to the family.

Hoping to get my cook in today , craving a burger big time :) !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Salmon Burgers

3/4 lb wild sockeye filet with skin on. I removed the skin and salted it, it will be direct grilled for a salmon skin crackling on the burger. Salmon hand sliced into 1/4" chunks, mixed with breadcrumbs, an egg, Dijon mustard, red onion, and salt and pepper.

On the grill with some hand cut (pain in the ass!) sweet potato fries.

Good char

The payoff:

Dressed with mayo, butter lettuce, heirloom tomato, salmon skin crackling, and avocado mash on a telera roll from the Safeway bakery.

I'd never done salmon burgers before, they turned out really good. It's no substitute for a juicy beef burger but they were fun and added some nice variety.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:40:59 PM by austin87 »

SixZeroFour

Great entry @austin87! Salmon burgers look awesome!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Great Salmon burger.  What a stellar idea.  We called those Salmon patties, dinner every Friday night until the Pope died (er, the rules changed???).          SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

WNC

• WKC Performer
Looks great Austin, I was waiting for our first non-beef burger! I could eat a couple of those!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Here's my entry. I did these yesterday. Colby stuffed burgers and stuffed hamburger dogs. These were monstrous. 5 lbs of hamburger with two eggs and a generous amount of Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. A favorite in our house..

On to Big Red they go.... I threw in some Fairbury red dogs... After all it was opening day for the Cornhuskers... (they lost) [emoji17]

Mother and father in law were in town and she made her seven layer salad for a side.

Coronary inducing gooey center... [emoji5]️

Craig

• WKC Mod
I've been wanting to try salmon burgers. I just need to do it. Nicely done Austin!