Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Labor Day Weekend Burger Throwdown PHOTO Thread - Submit your entry here!  (Read 22001 times)

SixZeroFour

Please note that everyone is welcome!! No problem at all if you missed the sign-up sheet - just dive right in!

Here is some info copied from @Idahawk's original announcement post:

"With so many great burgers popping up lately on the site and a holiday coming up I thought it might be fun to have a little throw down to wrap up summer.

Maybe 3 categories:

Beef Burger
Veggie Burger
Non Beef Burger"

... Easy as that! Simply post up some pictures of your burger cook and plate-up to join in on the fun!

Have a great Weekend!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Here we go!  Our air conditioning has been out for the last three days here in Las Vegas which SUCKS...fortunately things have cooled to the upper 90s, but I still haven't wanted to cook in the kitchen.  On the menu tonight is a family favorite, sliders on Hawaiian rolls.  Here's how we do it for our family of four.

Defrost one pound of ground beef.  (I'm using Costco's 87% lean beef...it used to be 88%...interesting)

I mix it with my go-to house seasoning (salt, garlic powder, and pepper)

I place the ground beef in a shallow soup bowl and pat it so it stays just inside the rim of the bowl.

Put it back in the fridge for at least a half hour so it chills, making the burgers easier to form.

Meanwhile, I fired up my workhorse stainless steel performer.

Now, I forgot to take a pic of this step, but I cut the ground beef like a pie into eight even size wedges, which allows me to make 8 patties of roughly equal size.  1/8 pound burgers aren't much, but you can eat a lot of them! :)

I put my CI skillet directly on the fire, and get it blazing hot.   I cook the burgers for a minute and a half per side, pressing them once to get that nice browning on the outside.

Two batches of burgers takes about six minutes...the only thing I forgot to do tonight (I think because of all the pics) was to put the cheese on the burgers while on the grill...I used Muenster, although my favorite is smoked gouda. 

Place those burgers on the Hawaiian rolls, and serve those little guys up.  I had mine tonight with fresh tomato, avocado, mayo and sriracha.  The last burger I had (not pictured) also included two dill pickle slices.  My lovely wife (former professional photographer) took these photos on my phone, and then my daughter took a pic of one in my wife's hand to get you a feel for the size.  I love these burgers because they're quick, crusty on the outside, and juicy on the inside.  Best wishes to all of you on a great cook this weekend!

Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Shafzilla

• WKC Brave

ughhh. what appendage did you use to take this pic?
"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."- Ron Swanson

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Way to start us off , that's a might fine looking burger !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

SixZeroFour

Great looking Burgers crowderjd!

I hope to devour submit an entry later this evening 8)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
@Shafzilla if you read, you'll see my daughter took that picture...no worries.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Shafzilla

• WKC Brave
@crowderjd
Sorry, pictures distract me from words...
"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."- Ron Swanson

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Headed back to California this weekend, so I had to get the cook in today.  Having just roasted, peeled and processed 30 LBS of Hatch, I decided on a green chile theme.

The ingredients (clockwise from bottom left): 3 slices of kraft singles, a Hawaiian sweet roll bun, mushrooms, 2 eggs, my favorite rub, 1 LB of organic 85/15 beef shaped to hold the toppings, a small bacon weave (its not just for fatties anymore), and 2 roasted chiles

Bisbee gets the call:

Cooking the bacon, and rubbed burger indirect using lump and pecan chunks.  The side dish is "Bacon & Hatch Green Chile Hominy Casserole" - recipe courtesy of Jess Pryles @burgermary 

After the bacon was done, I cooked the mushrooms in the bacon grease and loaded them into the burger:

Next comes the green chile and cheese:

Time to fry some eggs:

Lets get stacking.  Bottom bun and bacon weave:

A slice of Kraft:

The payoff:  Bacon, Kraft single, burger, mushrooms, roasted green chile, 2 more slices of Kraft, and a couple of eggs all stacked on Hawaiian sweet hamburger buns.  Side dish is done and carries over the bacon and green chile theme:

The profile shot:

Happy labor day weekend - looking forward to seeing everyone's cooks!

Winz
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:37:55 PM by Winz »
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Do you have to throw the burgers down on the ground for the throwdown?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
Do you have to throw the burgers down on the ground for the throwdown?

Only if you want to win at creativity...

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
I'm not sure If I throw my burgers on the ground anyone will win but my dogs, then I'll for sure lose when they puke and shit all over the place.....

Troy

• Statesman
I'm not sure If I throw my burgers on the ground anyone will win but my dogs, then I'll for sure lose when they puke and shit all over the place.....
Your dogs are funny like that huh.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Funny....not the word I'm thinking for these two idiots I have

SixZeroFour

As if the great posts above aren't incentive enough...

Troy has donated another WKC Cherry Handle to the most outstanding burger post! Keep them coming guys!

8) 8) 8)

SixZeroFour

Great looking burger Winz! I knew you'd surprise us with something amazing!

I had to bail on my burgers tonight but they will be cooked up tomorrow!