Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: TIP: Keep that receipt for your grill cover  (Read 1140 times)

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
TIP: Keep that receipt for your grill cover
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:18:44 PM »
I own a few grills like we all do, and I bought a Performer Silver when HD was unloading everything cheap this past winter. I grabbed 2 covers since they were dirt cheap and held onto my receipt for warranty purposes.
Well with a harsh winter, I noticed some small tears in it and thought in the back of my mind that i will wait a little longer and put in a claim to get it replaced.
Onto another a story. I have a gas grill that i bought a few years ago and same deal, rips in it, so i contact Weber and they said it was past warranty but would send me out a new one. Well they sent me out the newer model and I love it.
So after 8 months of use, i contacted them and they sent me out a new one. Assuming it will be the new style.
So hold onto that slip for warranty issues. I kept mine for both grills when i bought them.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: TIP: Keep that receipt for your grill cover
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 06:23:19 PM »
Thanks for the info!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Re: TIP: Keep that receipt for your grill cover
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 03:00:52 AM »
You actually like the newer cover?  Wow.....first I've heard anyone say that.  I bought 2 new covers this year.  One for a Performer and one for my old restored Genesis Silver C.  The performer cover is pretty nice and feels like it will last a few years.  The one for the Genesis is complete garbage.  I don't expect it to last 6 months without a tear.  It is so thin and has a weird texture.  If I leave it on the grill for more than a few days, I actually have to peel the overlapping folds apart (where the velcro straps are) like they have have been melted together.  When it does rip, I'm not wasting my time with another one.  These will be the last Weber covers I ever buy.  There are too many good aftermarket solutions that are better quality for the same or less money.
-Keith