Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22" Custom Bar-B-Q Kettle..........  (Read 8425 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 22" Custom Bar-B-Q Kettle..........
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2015, 03:18:32 AM »
This kettle is worthy of some attention, my gosh how I would not love to have it.  But when I see this is the Pig and Peaches thread, then I see it multiple times in No Explanation Necessary, this thread and frankly I am not sure if there my be another one.   It takes something extra special and waters it down to the point of not really caring anymore.  I have no issues with Harris on a personal level, all my interaction has been positive.  I thought of airing this in private with him but I know that has been done by other members.  It's too much man, too friggin' much.  Based on some feed back I am not the only one that feels this way.

This kettle is front page news, but there shouldn't be an article in ever section of the newspaper, unless he wants to throw it in the classified ads section.  :)

Some thoughts for all to follow, not a rule just an idea when there is an "epic" score, keep it simple and keep it special.  A post like this, maybe a front page past if there is a story, and put her in the grill gallery.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:08:47 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 04:06:27 AM »
Well, quick check in early and see this.  Alabama Crimson Tide football day so don't have much time.  So, Ill be quick.

1.  Why would you mess up this thread with this kind of crap ?  PM me if you have  question.  Do you like drama??
2.  Don't succumb to internet rumors and innuendos.  I an not interested in that.
3.  I know this grill is VERY rare (especially in its current condition).  That's why I searched for the owner for ~1.5 years.
4.  The grill is kept in the house and will go to one of my kids someday.
5.  When I first started posting on WKC, shortly thereafter I got a call from a Statesman.  He "advised" me not to use words like "Score", "Epic", "Amazing". 
      I couldn't believe at the time this was an adult conversation.....True Story..So I let my pictures "speak".
6.  I have "moved" at least 20 grills (and many accessories) from the 1950's and 1960's to other members.  Ask them what they think.  I even recognized several at the Chicago Meetup. I don't make an announcement when I move something special.  I just hope the new owner enjoys it. @zavod44
7.  Many pictures of this grill were sent to the Grill Gallery.
8.  Also, I  let the proper people know a blog was fine too.
9.  I'm not interested in continuing with this back and forth. You like to stir the pot.  I'm not the only one that feels this way.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:14:38 AM by harris92 »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 04:34:22 AM »

I have fully opened it

Harris and I are taking it to the PM, I would ask that people not continue this thread unless you are commenting on Harris' score......
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Craig

• WKC Mod
22" Custom Bar-B-Q Kettle..........
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 04:39:52 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen of the WKC. I would like to put it on record here and now that there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO RULES against using words like "epic" "Grail" or "score" or "Amazing" For Heaven's sake this is the WKC, not a board full of rules and regulations like some other sites. I use those words and I am one of the site moderators/Statesman. The fact the we can have fun and use any words I please short of inappropriate is one of the many reasons I joined the WKC in the first place. Harris.... Stephen I don't know WHY you were told not to use those words but to you and everyone here, feel free to use those or any other words to express your posts. This is the fun site. This is a hobby. We do not cure cancer or make life and death decisions. We collect and cook on Weber Kettles. So with that, Stephen that's one helluvan EPIC looking custom. I especially love the photo of it in the atomic/antique shop. Yes it is one amazing score! Now I have a brisket to tend to. Enjoy all! [emoji6]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:09:17 AM by Craig »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 05:26:53 AM »
I got a custom from Harris, I love it.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
22" Custom Bar-B-Q Kettle..........
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2015, 05:50:20 AM »
I also got a nice blue kettle from Harris.. One of my favorites.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 07:39:59 AM »

Harris and I are taking it to the PM, I would ask that people not continue this thread unless you are commenting on Harris' score......

Thank you guys for taking it offline. 

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 08:56:51 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen of the WKC. I would like to put it on record here and now that there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO RULES against using words like "epic" "Grail" or "score" or "Amazing" For Heaven's sake this is the WKC, not a board full of rules and regulations like some other sites. I use those words and I am one of the site moderators/Statesman. The fact the we can have fun and use any words I please short of inappropriate is one of the many reasons I joined the WKC in the first place. Harris.... Stephen I don't know WHY you were told not to use those words but to you and everyone here, feel free to use those or any other words to express your posts. This is the fun site. This is a hobby. We do not cure cancer or make life and death decisions. We collect and cook on Weber Kettles. So with that, Stephen that's one helluvan EPIC looking custom. I especially love the photo of it in the atomic/antique shop. Yes it is one amazing score! Now I have a brisket to tend to. Enjoy all! [emoji6]
This!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 01:02:16 PM »
If I had that Epic Custom there would be photos plastered everywhere on the net. Awesome score Harris. That's a once in a lifetime score!!!

I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2015, 05:36:37 PM »
And folks wonder why I don't post much here anymore...too many fucking crybabies. Let @harris92  post whatever the hell he wants for any grills he owns. Funny how others do the same thing and nothing is said to them. It's all about who's kissing who's ass. Don't like my response, ok, get over it.  My day won't be ruined. End rant.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »
@LightningBoldtz - I'm not bashing you. Good relationship with you. Just a rant in general no matter how it looks.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
That grill is a true beauty.
A Wonderful Family!!!