Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shorty Midget mod thread  (Read 35951 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Shorty Midget mod thread
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2018, 05:02:56 PM »

My version / interpretation of a midget mod … It will be a mini firepit.  8)

IMG_8712.jpg" border="0

That is cool! Nice work! My version of a shorty coming up.... hopefully, find some time to start and finish it this weekend.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2018, 03:25:08 PM »
Posted by: greenweb
« on: January 27, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »

Insert Quote

Really cool midgets! Nice work guys! Inspired by all here... I will be posting my own midget when it gets done.

My interpretation of what a shorty/midget should be. I chopped additional 1.5" after I was done, re reworking/refitting triangle.  Front leg and dually set-up.... ah! looks cool and probably never tip over.  I like to do another super shorty to see how low I can go.

Done!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:37:55 AM by greenweb »

bluewhisper

• WKC Brave
    • Alex Šilbajoris
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2018, 05:45:12 AM »
This thread has been a fun read, with some nice-looking setups. I plan to try this for my 22, simply cutting some 1-inch steel conduit. I'll keep the original legs so it can always go back to stock.

From reading this thread, I realized that two legs need to be shorter if there will be wheels. But I don't think I'll have wheels; I'm planning on something to be carried and parked, with simple rubber crutch tips.

My reason for wanting this is to have the kettle at a convenient height when sitting in a camp chair, sort of like an end table for a sofa.

I love to play with tube cutters and I've already cut conduit to make wind chimes (they always ring in minor notes, must be the texture of the metal). It won't cost much to get some pieces of conduit and dink around with different lengths of legs.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2018, 10:20:47 AM »

My version / interpretation of a midget mod … It will be a mini firepit.  8)

IMG_8712.jpg" border="0

This is a nice touch!

Not sure what it’s former purpose was but I’ve seen eggheads mounting mini’s in frames similar and others using wrought iron plant stands and such.

I sometimes prowl through a used medical supply warehouse for cart frames and see stainless steel basin frames that would make sweet kettle carts

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2018, 10:44:43 AM »

I sometimes prowl through a used medical supply warehouse for cart frames and see stainless steel basin frames that would make sweet kettle carts
Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »

@greenweb , those mods look outstanding!

Not sure what it’s former purpose was

@swamprb , I made the stand.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2018, 03:41:47 PM »
Rescued 18 portabilized

Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

KEVHES

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2018, 09:37:30 PM »
Okay so I was inspired by this threat so I had to do mine. It wasn’t a resto, just a clean up on a very dirty 84 18.5. It actually was worse than I expected when I picked it up ( only 15$ ). Had to change to the H style sweeps, upgraded the handles,got a set of wheels from @addicted-to-smoke ( might spend some time trying to clean them up eventually) and spent a lot of time cleaning. Dremel was super helpful in this build. Pulled out a gritty attachment and it ate rust right up for me. Hope you guys like!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smokey joe. 18” kettle. 22.5” kettle. “Weber” UDS 55 gallon. 22.5 Weber performer.

KEVHES

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2018, 09:39:16 PM »
Forgot another picture

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smokey joe. 18” kettle. 22.5” kettle. “Weber” UDS 55 gallon. 22.5 Weber performer.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
@KEVHES , I see you're new here so first off, Welcome, second, good looking mod there, but your kettle is "caddywampus", if you don't fix the front leg to line up with the handle, you will NEVER hear the end of it.... other than that, you're gonna have a blast here!!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

KEVHES

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »
@KEVHES , I see you're new here so first off, Welcome, second, good looking mod there, but your kettle is "caddywampus", if you don't fix the front leg to line up with the handle, you will NEVER hear the end of it.... other than that, you're gonna have a blast here!!!

Oh man! I see what you mean now! That’ll be fixed tomorrow morning!

bluewhisper

• WKC Brave
    • Alex Šilbajoris
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2018, 03:44:03 AM »
I made that same mistake when I first put the legs back on my 22. Self-administered dope slap.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2018, 06:23:54 AM »
Seriously dude, or I'm taking my wheels back.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2018, 08:29:35 AM »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
A couple of my midgets in the “rotation”.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club