Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: .: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY TWO :: July 2nd, 2015 :.  (Read 5519 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: .: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY TWO :: July 2nd, 2015 :.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 07:48:24 PM »
Pork chops brined in 2 cups water, 2 Tbsp salt, and 2 Tbsp brown sugar for about 8 hours

Got a light dusting of "mystery rub" - which is the dregs of 3 or 4 batches that weren't enough to cover anything. Heavy on brown sugar, salt, garlic and onion, and assorted additives, including coffee and ground dried mushroom.

No pics of potatoes on the grill :( but they look good

Chops, asparagus, and a jalepeņo on the grill over direct heat

Not a bad looking plate of food. And not bad tasting either  8)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
Here is our dinner for tonight, I fired up the SJ for Marinated chicken from our local Carniceria  with some Mexican rice and refried beans that they make in house.

SJ heating up

Chicken

On the grill

Done and waiting to be chopped!

All wrapped up!

Ok so it was overstuffed, oh well it was good!!! :)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 08:49:54 PM »
Made myself a few wings tonight...

Kosher salt and some fresh cracked.

Indirect at 375ish, for about 30 minutes. Then two applications of sauce over the next half hour, indirect the entire time.

TASTY!

;D

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 08:56:44 PM »
Whoa!  Pizza was just so dang good, I fell asleep in the chair before I could post these pics.  Chicago style:  Used the weber griddle insert as the pan.  Layer of cheese, sausage, meatball, and onion, another layer of cheese, sauce, coarsely shredded parmesan/romano, and then pepperoni.  This time instead of lifting the pizza off the grate with my unused basket, I took my vortex, turned it upside down in the middle and placed the griddle insert over it.  Temps peaked at 460, but pretty much stayed between 400 and 425 for the thirty minute cook.  I didn't add any wood to the cook, since I'm not a big fan of smoked cheese, but the KBB still added just the right amount of texture and the Missus and I agree that this is the best pizza I've made yet!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »
Dinner after a long drive. Grilled some shrimp up in the CI for a snchove, shrimp, pasta concoction. Also grilled up some bone in pork belley slices.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 10:23:51 PM »
Some awesome cooks again today guys!! Here's my offering...
  • Bacon Wrapped Johnsonville Chili Cheese Smoked Sausage - @indy82z your cook yesterday looked so good it forced me to make these!! 8)
  • Good Old Fashion Double PRO WKC Gus'
  • Prosciutto wrapped peach slices - Stolen from the cover of the prosciutto package!

I've always like Johnsonville products but these chili cheese smoked sausages are just awesome. Has anyone else tried these out?

The peach slices in my opinion were very good, and in my wife's opinion out of this world! She LOVED these things and ate 6 herself - lol ;D

Can't wait for more BBQ tomorrow!! Now that we've got the ball rolling I'm excited to see what everyone has in store for the July 4th Weekend Main Event!

8)

Keep em' coming!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 03:22:24 AM »
Prosciutto wrapped peaches look awesome 6.....and the pictures are magazine worthy dude. Thanks for putting this event together.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 05:23:09 AM »

Weather etc, has sucked here...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 06:31:07 PM »
Simple wings and burgers. The wings got a dusting of bone suckin sauce seasoning and rub. This is a nice commercial rub. Wings done indirect using some trimmings from the pear tree from my mom's house.

Hamburgers finishing indirect. Nice thing about rural Oklahoma is the local grocery store still has a real butcher - meat is fresh ground.

Another nice evening in Oklahoma!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 09:53:11 PM »
I'm late back to this thread! All OUTSTANDING cooks! @LightningBoldtz I love seeing the griddle in action! Its addicting.