Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Estate Sale Advice Needed  (Read 4462 times)

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
Re: Estate Sale Advice Needed
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 04:00:31 PM »
be first in line and be tight lipped about what your there for
Loose lips looses kettles!  ;D

I went to my first estate sale the other day. It had tons of stuff and lots of people in line with bags. I have a hard time just ignoring peoples questions of what I'm looking for, so I just gave a generic answer of "patio stuff" to the woman who asked me and then headed straight to the Webers when I got in. They were the first items out the door of the sale.

Are there usually price tags on things or do you have to ask?

Usually, but apparently they forgot to put the actual stickers on the Webers, so I stood there until a worker walked by and asked them to track down a cost for me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:34:35 AM by AZRaptor »
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: Estate Sale Advice Needed
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 09:33:01 PM »
Many years of ESing  ...  part of Antiques & Collectibles business.  In this region of the country, if it's NOT marked then either the agents missed it OR a buyer took the tag to mark it as sold (to them).  I'm lucky though, most of the pickers and dealers (always the first in line with the baskets and sold stickers) don't give a Damino for kettles (they just don't sell in their venue).  Sooooo, I'm in luck.  Just got a Brownie for $40, but could have waited till Saturday (the half price day for this ES agent) and got it for $20.  She's was way too pretty and I was way too busy to wait and "take my chances".
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".