Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Broken charcoal grate strap  (Read 4888 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: Broken charcoal grate strap
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 03:34:03 PM »
I was born and raised in Rockford, @1buckie , on a 64-66 Glen Blue Imperial (that my dad bought in '73 at a garage sale)!  ;-) 

@effinUker I was also thinking that you might use a longish SS bolt with two nuts and a couple washers...  attach it to the bottom grate with the bolt head extending *below* the grate, such that it wedges the grate against the remaining three straps and also against the bottom of the bowl.  It would take some finagling, but you wouldn't need to drill through your bowl. 
One of the charcoal people.

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
Not Pants

I love it!

-Jeep
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
I was born and raised in Rockford, @1buckie , on a 64-66 Glen Blue Imperial (that my dad bought in '73 at a garage sale)!  ;-) 

@effinUker I was also thinking that you might use a longish SS bolt with two nuts and a couple washers...  attach it to the bottom grate with the bolt head extending *below* the grate, such that it wedges the grate against the remaining three straps and also against the bottom of the bowl.  It would take some finagling, but you wouldn't need to drill through your bowl.

Oh another great idea. Thanks!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 03:34:05 AM »
^^ Yes that's basically what I meant earlier, just build a leg for that corner of the grate.

Metal pants FTW!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 12:13:20 PM »
^^ Yes that's basically what I meant earlier, just build a leg for that corner of the grate.

Metal pants FTW!

i have a plan.. a cunning plan. i think it will be more like a beer opener than pants. i hope to put some pix up of the whole process.