Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: perhaps weber's most versatile accessory, these 'tool holders'  (Read 2274 times)

Troy

• Statesman
tool holders / grate raisers / charcoal rails

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: perhaps weber's most versatile accessory, these 'tool holders'
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »
Dude! Condiment rack and old school teak work table that attaches to the leg! I've taken to hitting every old/family/small town hardware store I see looking for these gems.

Are those charcoal rails hung from the bowl of the kettle?

Troy I missed the heading and only saw the picture, I didn't know charcoal rails could be used like that.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 05:26:19 PM by austin87 »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
Never considered those charcoal rails in that way, interesting. So are they actually current, or ancient? I never could understand. I know the "other" ones, with "curved wires," aren't current.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7402-Charcoal-Rails/dp/B000WEKMK2

These could totally be used to hoist an 18" grate above the 22" grate... A pair of these came with my 18" OTG and my mind is blown on the extra versatility of them.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 06:16:34 PM »
You can also use them to raise a second charcoal grate up above the standard one.  Really nice for putting a serious sear on fish, burgers, or steaks.

Never knew they were tool holders, though.
One of the charcoal people.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »

These could totally be used to hoist an 18" grate above the 22" grate... A pair of these came with my 18" OTG and my mind is blown on the extra versatility of them.

Tried them that way, worked well, until...accidentally bumped it from the wrong side......unfortunate, but yes......'Turds do roll downhill....... :o :o

I could try again, but a bad experience as a child sticks with ya...... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 06:40:40 PM »

Tried them that way, worked well, until...accidentally bumped it from the wrong side......unfortunate, but yes......'Turds do roll downhill....... :o :o

I could try again, but a bad experience as a child sticks with ya...... 8)

A couple twists with a few pieces of bailing wire could have saved all those turds from a fiery demise! But anyway, good point, they hold ok but aren't rock solid so an additional support is probably a good idea.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 03:52:24 AM »
I saw that grill on my local craigslist. I think they were advertized as book holders in the ad. LOL.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:54:20 AM by dwnthehatch »