Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Metro Atlanta Members........ Pig and Peaches...  (Read 20750 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Metro Atlanta Members........ Pig and Peaches...
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2015, 07:23:10 PM »
Nice find on the 22 Custom! Looks like a great time was had by all! Lots of kettles to look at and admire. The two customs look sweet in front of that timeline poster.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2015, 09:36:46 PM »
Great looking setup and congrats on the win!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2015, 06:50:02 AM »
@unclejj @harris92 @reillyranch  First off – thanks for all of the hospitality you showed to this new guy!  You guys have a really amazing display.  This was my first in person look at some real vintage kettles.  I’m just blown away at how great that they hold up over time.  Some of the kettles you have are nearing 70 years old but could pass for just a being a few years old.  Weber really nailed it with the kettle design and materials way back.  I certainly have an even greater appreciation now for the vintage kettles and everyone the restores, collects and preserves them. 

For anyone going out Saturday it is well worth the trip.  The guys are setup way in the back of the venue.  It is not so intuitive how to get to the booth but just do what I did and keep walking around all of the canopies in the back until you find them.

UncleJJ I hope you will share your desert recipe – it was awesome.  Who knew you could use a grill to turn a donut into something even more magical.

@Uncle Al - great to meet you and your cool wife!  Glad you two enjoy cooking together.  I'll post the recipe on a different thread!  The dessert didn't score well - 13th out of 25-30, I think!

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2015, 07:00:38 AM »
  Great job on the win guys !

Let me know if your doing it next year , might have to plan a vacation around it ! Looks like a ton of fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should definitely join us!  It was a total blast.  I got to meet @harris92 and @CravenQ and spend some fun time with @ReillyRanch!  Had a few cold beers, some moonshine, and some awesome BBQ!  It was a thrill for me to get a call & win the GC!!  I'm super proud of the team.  @CravenQ knows how to make those 22 WSM's sing! 

Our little Webers beat out some very fine (and expensive) smokers!  The weekend really couldn't have been better - except for the fact that I had to miss awards to go to a funeral!

And the grills, oh the grills!  @harris92 is so stingy though - he didn't give me a single vintage kettle!  Come on, man!

JDLones

• WKC Brave
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2015, 03:45:45 PM »
Man, I really hate that I missed it this past weekend. If they do it again next year I'll have to plan a trip. Congrats on the GC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the smell of wood smoke and cooking meat...
Weber OTG 22.5 and Jumbo Joe
Char-Broil Commercial Gasser

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2015, 03:53:32 AM »
I showed up later, 5 till close. Nice festival, but didn't see any vintages or fellow WKC shirts... where were you guys setup @?
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2015, 06:14:29 AM »
I showed up later, 5 till close. Nice festival, but didn't see any vintages or fellow WKC shirts... where were you guys setup @?
They had us tucked away in an alley behind one of the baseball fields.  By 5pm, most of the kettles were packed up though!

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2015, 01:03:13 AM »
How much sleep did Harris get 😜

I'm betting none

I wouldn't sleep if my kettles were out in the open⛺️📹🔦
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2015, 02:18:02 AM »

I'm betting none

Really, if my memory serves me correctly someone got ALOT of sleep at our last comp...
Is that right @evsky ?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2015, 03:21:14 AM »
@Golly @Hogsy

Yep,  I was up all night.  Ed was out about midnight.  It was funny the way we were set up.  I was facing Ed's grills and he was facing my grills.  (LOL).

I'm betting none

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2015, 01:24:03 AM »
Hey @reillyranch nice to see you again! This was an epic post/event and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the stories and perving the pics. Keep up the good work!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
Thanks gummie, it was fun bringing out all those vintage Weber grills, although most of the public didn't really get it.  They thought we were having some sort of yard sale.  Maybe that's why Harris had to stay up all night!  It was good meeting up with fellow WKCers and watching them do their stuff.  There is talk that we will be doing it again real soon, sometime around Thanksgiving.   More on that later. 

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2015, 12:05:00 PM »
...although most of the public didn't really get it...

You should've seen the stumped faces over @weber experience setup, they couldn't answer ANY of my questions...

& the BBQ sampler platter I had from the "Owl's Nest" (local restaurant/booth)
was untrimmed mush + obvious boiled & burnt ribs (w/ membrane still on)
Clearly not there to compete...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2015, 08:30:34 PM »
Look who got their picture on the Pigs and Peaches website @Uncle JJ @CravenQ 

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:37:00 PM by Uncle Al »

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2015, 02:26:28 PM »
Hey WKC, the Atl bbq crew is going to need some help on Sat for our turn in.  We need a few runners to bring the food boxes to the judges.  You'll be compensated with some GC BBQ  (grand champion)!

So if any WKC'ers were planning on attending, we could use your help Sat morning about 8am.  Thanks Ed