Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: CRIMSON Weber? Exclusive to certain retailers and what years were they made?  (Read 4608 times)

millerwetzel

• Happy Cooker
Hi everyone! Long time griller, first time poster. I finally replaced my beloved 2000' genesis with a BRAND SPANKING NEW E-310. While leaning toward Copper I found the Crimson color on Ebay and fell in love. Shortly after I just had to replace my 10 year old original kettle with a matching Crimson premium kettle I also couldn't find anywhere but Ebay. Just curios as to why no one carries it any longer making me wonder if it was. Certain retailers exclusive or something. Possibly a new old stock item in both cases?

Also, the specs say a E-310 normally wouldn't have stainless grates and flavorizers but mine does. It also says GENESIS SPECIAL EDITION on the right table label, is that legit or marketing??

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
True Value carries it:

http://www.truevalue.com/product/performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill-crimson-22-in-/64371.uts?keyword=performer

The Special Edition gasser is sold at my local Ace hardware.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:02:46 PM by dwnthehatch »

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
Ace Hardware has them here.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Crimson is available through Ace Hardware Crimson is carried by premium retailers and Ace is one of them. The color came out in 2014 replacing "red brick". It's still available this year.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
Yeah I've seen them at our local ACE. But I'm not super in love with it. Both the green and Crimson seem dull or muted or something. Not sure how to put it. But I'm glad you love it. And that's awesome that you have a matching set!
Growing family = growing kettles!

Craig

• WKC Mod
The crimson kettles darken with heat.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
Craig, do they stay that nice dark Crimson? Same with the green? I'm headed out for a new kettle this weekend and don't really want black.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Yes. they darken with heat. The get almost as dark as the old 2000-01 plums look cold. Here is a video I did of mine. It's at night but you can see the difference.

https://vimeo.com/123160583

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
... I'm headed out for a new kettle this weekend and don't really want black.

How do you feel about blue? You're an hour from Mayfair Mall: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/weber-blue-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill/s379523
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
Craig, that is dark! But nice.

Addicted-to-smoke, I LOVE the blue, but the price tag would mean I'd own a grill but couldn't afford the food to put on it. If they had a blue OTG I'd be all over it. But, no dice.

Craig

• WKC Mod

Craig, that is dark! But nice.

Here's a daytime shot ...

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
Oh man, Craig, that is pretty nice, especially with the wood handles. I've got a few I'm going to throw on my new kettle from a Go Anywhere that was given to me (which I'd much rather have a SJ, but you can't argue with free). It might just be crimson. Maybe Millerwetzel was right after all!