Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: KingsfordŽ Charcoal 2 Pack  (Read 5425 times)

MadMax

• Smokey Joe
KingsfordŽ Charcoal 2 Pack
« on: March 21, 2015, 03:07:47 PM »
KingsfordŽ Charcoal 2 Pack  Walmart-  $8.94  2 - 16.7 #  bags   starts tomorrow but you can order online now

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
Re: KingsfordŽ Charcoal 2 Pack
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 03:59:25 PM »
I was just at Walmart and they are already marked down in my area.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »
Weird.  I looked online yesterday and saw this price then, but today it's showing $10.14 per twin pack near me. 

Thanks for the heads up though, @MadMax .  We gotta stick together and hunt down some good charcoal sales this time of year!
One of the charcoal people.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »

A little more expensive...

AND...

I don't think so...

Dude, relax your chicken.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »
You're wrong, dazzo, $105 for Kingsford Gold Nugget is a bargain. Turn your kettle into a smelter!

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MadMax

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 02:23:56 PM »
Still $8.94 in illinois They had 6 pallet's left.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 03:08:27 PM »
I did a little more store switching, and found the deal @MadMax originally posted about.  If memory serves, this is cheaper than Kingsford has been during the HD/Lowes spring sales the past few years, so I think I'll order up a few bags.

PS.  I talked to a CS person at one of the Wal-Marts (after being transferred to electronics when I asked about charcoal... the electronics dude put me on hold forever, then came back to say, "Yeah, man, the charcoal is like 12 or 14 or 13 bucks or so per bag, man, so don't worry").  He told me that many of the online sales are cheaper than the stuff sells for in the store-- so if you find a price, the trick is to order it online for store pickup.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 04:07:57 PM »
Yeesh.  Ordering charcoal at the price advertised would have been WAY too easy. 

When I would click on the ad for the 8.94 deal, the next screen would show it at the higher price.  I called one store about this, and not only could they not help me, but they said they don't even carry that product.  They did give me the main line to the walmart.com dealio, though, and I called that.  More holding and checking, and they tried to have me call back the next day to talk with the 'Tier 2 Price Matching Team'.  I said I would, but also suggested that it shouldn't be so difficult to just get a price that was promised.  She eventually did some more checking and decided that I could put my order through, and then she would just adjust the order.  So that's what we did. 

TL;DR:  I just waited on the phone WAY too long with walmart, and wanted to share the direct line to the walmart.com with y'all.  It's 1.800.966.6546

PS:  I know I shouldn't have spent so much time just to save 50 cents per bag of charcoal, but I'm One of the Charcoal People, you see, and it's THE PRINCIPLE!  ;-)

MadMax

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 04:31:15 PM »
Show them this it's there weekley ad.     In store ad not online price               
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:20:14 PM by MadMax »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 04:43:47 PM »

A little more expensive...

AND...

I don't think so...

Online or in store.....look at the weights on these.....only $95 for that extra 6.6 lbs.  Way to stick it to 'em Wally World !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »
Well dang.  That refund never came through, and when I went to the store the KB wasn't even marked as a sale, but it was scanning at the lower price.  So I just returned the charcoal I had waiting at the online pickup, and then bought it again at the lower price.  There was a ton of it on the shelf at the Fairfax, VA store. 

I think this works out to about 27 cents per pound, which is less than the Home Depot spring sales for the past few years.  Thanks to those above for the key intel.

Rsmims

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »
I stopped by my local store and picked up 4 doubles at the sale price. ($8.94)
Just a note , I went to 2 stores today and these doubles bags on sale were only found in the Outdoor Garden Centers. Going to get 4 more doubles tomorrow.
I don't see colors, I just see kettles....And I want them all !!!
I like Pig Butts and I cannot lie.
I've seen the wild horses,   I've heard the bullroarers.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 06:25:20 PM »
I stopped by my local store and picked up 4 doubles at the sale price. ($8.94)
Just a note , I went to 2 stores today and these doubles bags on sale were only found in the Outdoor Garden Centers. Going to get 4 more doubles tomorrow.

Same situation here, same price, same location within the store. Later in Spring or Summer they'd be inside but right now it's all Easter stuff.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 07:47:38 PM »
Verified for north Texas. Went to 2 stores and ended up at a super center with a garden department. Picked up 10 doubles at $8.94

Thanks for the heads up.

I love the looks I get in the store when I'm rolling my hoard to the register

Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 02:21:31 AM »
I feel sorry for the next person who uses that poor cart! I thought mine was "full" yesterday with only 4 of the doubles. (if it wasn't for the birdseed and laundry detergent, taking up space ... )