Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first look at the 2015 Master-touch  (Read 4158 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
My first look at the 2015 Master-touch
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
So I stop in an outdoors power equipment and weber BBQ shop whenever I have to drive into to work (I work from Home a lot).  This is the place that I got the deal on the Gourmet BBQ sets.  They have been telling me for weeks that they are just about ready to put together the Master-Touch, Today I saw it in it's glory today.  I love that grill, I love the height increase, I love the warming rack, I love the gourmet BBQ grate, and I HATE the ash pan.  I do not know what Weber was thinking with that but there are people who are not going to be able to work that thing. 

If Weber is at all looking at these threads, I put my vote in for redesigning back to the old design ASAP.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:15:07 PM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: My first look at the 2015 Master-touch
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 05:31:39 PM »
I have the new ash pans on 2 of my cookers and they are a bit of a pain in the arse.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 05:52:10 PM »

If Weber is at all looking at these threads, I put my vote in for redesigning back to the old design ASAP.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but the chances of Weber reverting back to the old can/ring are as high as them reverting to twist style ash pans for OTS kettles. I wish they kept the twists instead of the full disc/clip design. Neither design will come back I'm afraid.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 03:09:12 AM »
Craig, I hear you, but this is a serious flaw, think about the person with arthritis in their hands, they literally cannot use this ash bucket.  We'll see though.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:06:46 AM »
i've said it since i had that performer prototype.  the new ash catch is a pain in the wrist. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

wrehfield

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 07:52:25 AM »
 That's really too bad. have arthritis bad in my right hand and one of these kettle
was on my list.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 11:24:38 AM »
That's really too bad. have arthritis bad in my right hand and one of these kettle
was on my list.

You could always install the old style ash ring and bucket onto a new Master-Touch. It will fit, and if you sell the new parts or do a trade you won't be out much if any $$
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »
Adjusting the new ash catcher should be simple enough.
There are a number of ways it can be done.
- widening the cutout where the handle locks into place
- narrowing the handle that locks into the ring (closing the loop further)
- rounding off the locking tabs of the ring/notch

Weber is listening.
We just need significant data. The ash catcher i fiddled with at Ace was pretty easy to release. It was CERTAINLY easier to re-attach than previous designs.

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »
I stopped by the True Value by my work just to take a gander at the Master-Touch today.  I'm not much of a black kettle guy, but I fell in love with this one.  As someone who is 6'4" I LOVE the new height!  It's a good thing for the wife that I stopped after doing the last of her Christmas shopping because if I had gone there first with cash in hand... 

Soon my friends...soon.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 02:17:10 PM »
It's nice, I am going to have to figure out a way to get my hands on one.

Craig

• WKC Mod
My first look at the 2015 Master-touch
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »
I can't wait to see the new cans in person. None of the stores around here have any displayed/ in stock yet. The '15 26 has my eye with the improved lid bale.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 10:30:10 AM »
The ash catcher i fiddled with at Ace was pretty easy to release. It was CERTAINLY easier to re-attach than previous designs.
really?  @Troy

maybe i'm just used to the twist type then.  i thought the new one was a pain in comparison.  on the perf deluxe i kept missing the right side guide pin, that's under the table side.  like @Craig  i'm considering a 2015 26 so we'll see. 

I only use kettles with lid bales.