Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My favorite grill pans  (Read 2055 times)

Copperkettle218

• Smokey Joe
My favorite grill pans
« on: December 07, 2014, 11:35:42 AM »
Thought I'd pass on a recommendation for a really, really good grill pan that I use constantly for small veg, shrimp and other stuff that can fall through the grates: the Williams-Sonoma stainless steel grill fry pan.

That handle is removable, so you can detach it and close the lid.  With the handle on, it's very easy to execute a badass-looking toss.  It's stainless, so it does a decent job of conducting heat - a good char on peppers and onions is effortless.  And the holes let plenty of smoke through, so the food tastes great.

I've got two of the fry pans and a bigger "roaster" pan that I mostly use for my grilled Mongolian beef and larger batches of Thai beef salad, and a griddle that's great for grilling meatballs.  Unfortunatley, they're not selling them right now, but they will be back for Spring.  Can't recommend them enough!

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
Re: My favorite grill pans
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
Those look handy thanks for sharing
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »
Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
Really nice. I like it on how the handle can ber removed.

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »
I agree those pans are awesome!!

I have a similar pan that came with two parts; they can be used as a basket when they’re connected

And they can be use as two separate pans when separated

The handles don’t detach on these, but I mostly use them for quick sauté.

I use these If I need to close the lid

These are also great for meatloaf

I use these perforated French bread pans for fatties as well. They allow the smoke to reach the meat and the help hold the shape of fatties

Thanks for starting this topic. I love grill cookware :)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »
These all look very interesting, guys. Don't have anything quite like them. Links would be good, but I'll do some searching later.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »
I got the first three pans at Cost Plus World Market. The bread pan from Amazon.com,
Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Metallic-Commercial-Non-Stick-Perforated/dp/B003YKGQWO/ref=pd_sim_k_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GJRAD1WS8W7HRY7C108

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 05:24:22 PM »
Thanks BBcue-Z, I'll check those out!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 05:50:51 PM »
The wife got me one like Copper's & kinda like Z's, but the holes are bigger.......

Not so good for little stuff, it tends to fall thru.......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"