Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Argentflame does it.....AGAIN !!!!!!  (Read 10956 times)

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Argentflame does it.....AGAIN !!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
On the ash pan, english wheel will do the finishing work. First need to cut out a rough shape of the pan then use a rounded head body mallet on a sand bag to roughly get the dish shape then finesse it with the English wheel. Then finish cut it to exact specs.  Then sand and polish. I know the process needed to accomplish the needed end result. I have done it, just been some years since I have.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:39:53 AM by AZ_MIKEY »
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
I've been thinking about this for awhile....just needed a good model to go by................

Personally, I think all Webers everywhere should have this same ash pan......just a reactionary, I guess......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »
Alvin is awesome, and buckie is most deserving.  Hooray for the WKC!!

Those spin marks are remarkable, and that ash pan should be in a museum!  It's gorgeous. 
One of the charcoal people.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »
amazing grill.  Buckie you are a lucky man.  Alvin, way generous.  Great job.

So, I think this is the third 26 "dale I've seen.  First was Grandpa, then I think Stu has one?, and now this one.  About 2 years ago, I missed out on a red 26...I lose sleep over that one from time to time!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »

So, I think this is the third 26 "dale I've seen.  First was Grandpa, then I think Stu has one?, and now this one.  About 2 years ago, I missed out on a red 26...I lose sleep over that one from time to time!

One more 26 dale....

In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 04:13:25 AM »

One more 26 dale....

Yes Jeff...can't forget about that one of course.  It goes without saying.  Its in a league of its own!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »

One more 26 dale....

Yes Jeff...can't forget about that one of course.  It goes without saying.  Its in a league of its own!

This style / make / model / whatever you call it......has been rolling around in my subconcious ever since I saw this one up close & personal like...... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"