Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question for the Guru's  (Read 6395 times)

Andy

• Smokey Joe
Re: Question for the Guru's
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »
OK, I got confused by all the part numbers being thrown around in this thread!  :-\
So what is the Weber part number for the stainless steel sweep kit for the 22" OTG?
Thank ye!  ;D

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »
OK, I got confused by all the part numbers being thrown around in this thread!  :-
So what is the Weber part number for the stainless steel sweep kit for the 22" OTG?
Thank ye!  ;D

My take?  90720, but only if you order direct from weber.  If you order from a retailer, you will see 7444, which may be indexed to both SS and more likely, aluminum sweeps.

Winz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 10:09:28 AM »

sorry for the confusion, Andy......it comes from Weber changing parts, but then going by the same part number.....confuses me too !!!!

In the interest of gettin' this shit pinned down, I believe the SKU# for the new thinner non-stainless ones is 77924, found right beneath the bar code on the back.......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Andy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 10:19:33 AM »
Thanks guys for the clarification!  :)
So, if one were to go buy a new OTG grill today from a Weber retailer, it would come with the aluminized steel sweeps?
Sounds like it'd be worth getting a set of the stainless steel sweeps for the long haul with a grill stored outdoors all the time,
as the aluminized steel sweeps sound like they would rust over time?  ???

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 01:10:53 PM »
I called Weber directly, mentioned #90720, and I was all set.  The kind CS lady said they had them in stock, but didn't know how many of them.  She said she thought they used to come on Performers and Mastertouchs, but I have only seen the one pair in the wild (on a plastic-table Performer). 

I expect they will last longer than the 7444s, and also seem less likely to warp with high heat as I've seen the 7444s do.  But mostly I like them because they are shiny.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 02:29:36 PM »
Just ordered a set... I think I must've gotten a new customer service rep, it was like pulling teeth. He wasn't going to sell them to me, because "they aren't compatible with your grill... you need part 7444". I finally convinced him. He did waive shipping for me.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"