Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Mighty Performer - (Pictures)  (Read 8054 times)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: The Mighty Performer - (Pictures)
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »
You sure that's a Sage performer?^^^^^^^
It looks like a C&B, I suppose it could be the light but my sage( pictured further up the page) looks a helluva lot lighter
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 11:08:23 PM »
pic from last summer, when I picked both of these up one weekend

The sage green is my dad's '05. The red SS is my '92.

doesnt look sage to me :o :P
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 12:49:54 AM »
ATS, They both look great by the way,2 Performers from 2 different decades and debatably the best 2 colours from both era's
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 02:43:00 AM »
I'm not sure of anything. Nor can I tell much about color shades from Internet pictures, especially the greens. Come to think of it, when I initially posted the picture last year I probably called it lime green; at the time no one said anything about Crate & Barrel. But I don't know what Performer colors were available in '05.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SixZeroFour

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »
Another thing to love about the performer is all the mysterious goods you find at the bottom of the charcoal bin!

Ole' Blue came with a cool old recipe booklet copyrighted 1979 (31pages) as well as the original owners manual and owners guide:

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
Here are some of my performers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

jwc

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 11:11:04 AM »
My performer putting in some work this past weekend. I had 17.5 hours of cook time into those two pork shoulders.

Pic from when it was brand new about a month ago. I have lots of cooks on it now and it doesn't look quite as pretty. :)

Sent from the back deck...

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 05:20:14 PM »
There's always something about a new grill ... and you're putting yours to excellent effect jwc!!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »
Here is a snap of my AD's after unloading from the meetup in Napa.

And a pic of the C&B chugging along at 228 degrees working her magic on some ribs in Napa

Helped a neighbor on a blue DR performer that is a bit dirty and needs an igniter kit but the finish is very nice.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:31:25 AM by mirkwood »
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

SixZeroFour

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 05:52:53 PM »
Thanks to Zorknards I am the proud new owner of this fantastic EE Red! Poor blue got kicked out of his cart until I can find another  ;)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 06:00:28 AM »
Hey gummi there was another one for sale down here a month ago, it was beat to death

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »
I am probably going to get a lot of flack for this comment.

I have owned 3 performers, 2 Green 07 models and an 02 Blue SS.

While I like them just like I like most kettles, for my preference, if I had one kettle to choose from them all give me a master-touch.  I simply don't have the space for all the kettles, three legged grills work best for me due to being compact and portability.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 08:48:47 AM »

We can branch off into "The Three-Legged Club" if you like, Mr. Boltz................
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »

We can branch off into "The Three-Legged Club" if you like, Mr. Boltz................

Ooooo, ooooo ..... I want to be part of that club ... as, I have no use for a Performer, either.  :o :o  3-legged all the way!  :D ;D ;D ;) ;)

BTW, nice Performers, everyone.  ??? ::) :-X :-X
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 10:26:17 AM »
Ooooo, ooooo ..... I want to be part of that club ... as, I have no use for a Performer, either.  :o :o  3-legged all the way!  :D ;D ;D ;) ;)
BTW, nice Performers, everyone.  ??? ::) :-X :-X

lol, but just think with a Performer you would no longer have the need for a chimney, it won't (shouldn't?) fall over AND has table space and a bin to keep your charcoal dry!   ;)