Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Almost there!  (Read 4994 times)

whatchusmokin

• Smokey Joe
Almost there!
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:17:44 AM »
Im almost done with my weber cart! I just gotta add hooks for my tools, and an ash catch system. Any ideas for an ash catch system?

" I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds" -Unknown

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Almost there!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:53:12 AM »
Looking good. for the ash catcher, I highly recommend and enclosed catcher for safety reason. Like a OTG type of system. I've seen people hang or just place a galvanized pail underneath as well.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
That DOES look good. I priced a small, galvanized trash can at HD or Lowe's for like $30. Having rebuilt my back deck a year ago I'm familiar with the cost of galvanized metal but it still gave me pause.

I wasn't looking to catch ash, but to store ash until it cooled ... think I'll skip that and just "wait a day."

All of which has nothing to do with your situation, but in your case since the table might create extra overhang, a bucket underneath might make more sense than the ashcan system if a hanging bucket is easier to unhook and empty.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

whatchusmokin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 06:35:51 PM »
Thanks you guys for your help, Ive been looking for a good price for a galvanized pail, but its hard to find a wide enough one that doesn't cost more than an otg system, which is looking better and better.

" I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds" -Unknown

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »
Nice job on the cart!!
Bill    Looking for a Yellow

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »
whatchusmokin, I know what you mean, so just decide on what you want. Pail or OTG setup and pays your money ... and then figure out how to post pix that aren't flipped on their end. :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
Great job! OTG set up would look sweet. 8)

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »
Nice work, go all the way and make a full Sequoia with the doors. It would look awesome since weber never made a smoked red one.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 09:21:36 PM »
Nice work!  Lots of working room and storage with that design.

I would highly recommend a OTG system, especially with that wood cart.  You can likely find one for cheap by scoring a kettle off C/L and harvesting the ash catcher - cheaper than buying the components new.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.