Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber Grill with Marks, scratches and indents?  (Read 2732 times)

chris101

• Happy Cooker
New Weber Grill with Marks, scratches and indents?
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:19:42 AM »
I have just received my new weber BBQ today however the silver plate labelled weber on the LID has some noticeable scratches and the in the base there seems to be some indents if you look closely enough?

Is the indents normal (like little raised blobs) or should it be completely smooth?

I have contacted the company I have purchased it from and they have advised me that they can collect it and offer a full refund, send a replacement in 5-7 working days or give me $25 refund (from the $230 I spent on it).

What should I do?

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Weber Grill with Marks, scratches and indents?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:29:08 AM »
First, welcome to the club Chris.

Second, It would be helpful if you posted some pics so we can see what you're seeing.

Otherwise, it sounds like your retailer is willing to work with you, which is good.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 07:38:41 AM »

Yeah, welcome here !!!!

What particular model or type cooker is it?
That may not seem that important, but it indentifies the metal or material.......

Some amazing things have been fixed by people around here & it MIGHT be a way you could go about this without the waiting, shipping & hassle of replacements......

The people seem like they are standing by their product & Weber is real good about that too.......

A bit more info & maybe we can offer some help also !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

esq3585

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 04:07:35 PM »
Could the indents in the base be from the welds holding the grill and grate brackets, my weber has these marks too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
Yes, more info please...

In the mean time, at that price it sounds like a Performer Silver or Gold. The top vent is a stamped piece of aluminum. They are fully functional, but very few of them are aesthetically perfct. Shallow scratches and scuffs are the norm with stamped, utilitarian aluminum. Esq 3585 is right about the bowl dimples as well. Do they align with the interior grate straps? If so, they are a result of the spot welds and are not a defect. Our kettles are wonderful in their simplicity , and each one will have  its own inconsistencies (not to be perceived as imperfections, and I am OCD to the 3rd degree).

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »
see my reply on aussiebbqforum.com
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER