Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A new poll-more pertinent (I think) to this site's soul  (Read 5095 times)

gunner

• WKC Brave
Re: A new poll-more pertinent (I think) to this site's soul
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 06:53:38 AM »
Nothing against the poll starter "How many do you have". Really! But I see more and more possessive topics & behavior here.

I personally didn't see that last poll "how many Webers do you have" as a pissing contest but more as a "how bad is your Weberitis"? poll. All of us are proud of our Weber's regardless if you have 1 or 50, that's why we are here  ;D

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 07:20:55 AM »
My Weber history:
First Weber was a Q100, which I sold after buying a Q200 that I flipped, and in turn bought a Q220.
Next was my Weber kettle, a Performer Platinum in brick red... love it.
Finally, my Weber Genesis EP-330 in brick red, love it!

My Weber non-keepers:
I did flip one Performer for a profit, bought one day, sold the next.
Bought a new in box old style Jumbo Joe, put it together, never used it, and sold it for what I paid.
Bought a new Smokey Joe Gold and returned it (was going to build a mini WSM).

I don't post much anymore, but do lurk... seems it's mostly Weber kettle enthusiasts buying/selling kettles and accessories, which is great, and it's fun to read about, just not my cup of BBQ sauce. :) That said, I'd be happy to help any one of you if there's a grill in my area that you fall in love with.  8)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:23:51 AM by Thunder71 »

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 08:39:48 AM »
Catch & Release Poll

How many Weber grills have you gotten off of C/L or any other method, and just either gifted, or sold at no profit, to friends, family, neighbors...?

Just one, but it was a fun project!

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/partial-resto-for-a-friend-(long-post)/msg86166/#msg86166

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 08:45:09 AM »
I've pass on a dozen or so kettles and countless random bbq parts. I actually met a WKC member because I put some free Weber lids on CL, we got to talking bbq/kettles, and he joined the site. We are buddies now! At first I would pass my kettles on to my friends as I upgraded. I gave another buddy my first $20 OTG when I got my first SS. Then I upgraded him when I got another free performer. I won't stop until all my friends and family have performers! lol. Giving away bbq's is the gift that keeps on giving. I find that it brings people together and is pretty cheap if you do it right. I am actually getting to the age where my friends are buying their first place and I plan to give bbq's as housewarming gifts when I can. ymmv
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 09:26:31 AM »
I've given away 6 or 7 gassers to relatives, usually old Genesis three burners that I've fixed up. Gave my SIL a SS Performer (green) that I picked up a few years ago, followed by an 18 red, a black MT and another 22 three wheeler, as I've been thinning my own collection. So maybe 10 gifted grills over the years. Planning to gift another couple this year to non-relatives. Always a good feeling to light a fire in someone's life.

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 09:42:34 AM »
I found an old beater Redhead in Houston and offered it to any of the Texas WKC guys for free.  Jimmy Dong got it and put in some work hammering out some big dents and the last pic I saw of it, he had it looking 10X better than before.  I was happy this grill got a second life and I think he was happy since Redheads are a tough find down here in TX.  Win-win!   ;D

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 09:44:31 AM »
back in IL i scooped up any kettle I could and literally gave them away just to get people to try to use charcoal.
I probably moved 30 grills

Now in cali, i've only moved a few - but I plan to do more rescues when I get my life and finances in order.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »

Sold a few cheap.....comes with 2 bags of charcoal, chimney, spare grate, several cooking lessons, unlimited phone time...... 8)

Gave away also several, left several at places where I'll go to cook, guessin' there's some Kettle Karma there, as the folks around here have helped me to find some newer/ nicer ones..........
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 12:02:14 PM »
Around 14 or 15.  Most early to mid 1970's or older.   :)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »
The rule is one in, one out right, guys? :D
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791