Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Colored Outrider / Jumbo Joe / Smokey Joe Platinum History?  (Read 436 times)

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
After picking up the bottom half of a red outrider, I'm curious about when the colored versions were produced.  After searching this site, all of the pictures of red outriders with visible date codes were "EZ" -- 1998 and there was some mention that these were sold by Crate & Barrel.  The only green ones I saw with a visible date code were "ER" -- 1996.

Does anyone have a colored outrider with a different date code?  Can anyone confirm that they were C&B offerings?

Thanks!
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
Re: Colored Outrider / Jumbo Joe / Smokey Joe Platinum History?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 02:46:55 PM »
My green outrider is EO code.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
ISO Red Outrider.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 04:49:59 PM »
Just about two weeks ago we (a local group of California Bay Area grillfellas) just had this discussion regarding the red mist Outriders.  One appeared locally on Craigs List and one of our group secured it.  There are 5 of us locally in the SF Bay Area that each posses one of the red mist Outriders and there were 3 more that have been passed onto others.  All 8 are/were date code EZ (1998).  Two of them are/were NIB and one of the sellers said he purchased it new at Crate and Barrel.  Unless someone can produce a red mist outrider with a date code other than EZ, it is our belief that the red mist Outrider was a one year only Crate and Barrel model.

So far as the green Outriders, @CatskillSmoker has a green Outrider that is a ER Code I believe. Also, @JPotter has a EZ code green Outrider.

@pbe gummi bear  @Heyjude   @argentflame
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 07:07:54 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 04:58:10 PM »
@DrewZ I have a 18 Red Mist lid if you want.
I think it's an M code. Yours for the taking.

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 04:20:19 AM »
Just about two weeks ago we (a local group of California Bay Area grillfellas) just had this discussion regarding the red mist Outriders.  One appeared locally on Craigs List and one of our group secured it.  There are 5 of us locally in the SF Bay Area that each posses on of the red mist Outriders and there were 3 more that have been passed onto others.  All 8 are/were date code EZ (1998).  Two of them are/were NIB and one of the sellers said he purchased it new at Crate and Barrel.  Unless someone can produce a red mist outrider with a date code other than EZ, it is our belief that the red mist Outrider was a one year only Crate and Barrel model.

So far as the green Outriders, @CatskillSmoker has a green Outrider that is a ER Code I believe. Also, @JPotter has a EZ code green Outrider.

Thanks! == Exactly what I was looking for.  I have to imagine that my red outrider bowl was originally topped with a 1998 red mist EZ-code lid.  The replacement lid is a black 1999 EE-code, which fits with with the bowl being 1998.
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 04:28:45 AM »
@DrewZ I have a 18 Red Mist lid if you want.
I think it's an M code. Yours for the taking.

Tried PMing--your inbox is full.  :o
Drew Z.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »
@CatskillSmoker see above.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 09:55:36 PM »
After picking up the bottom half of a red outrider, I'm curious about when the colored versions were produced.  After searching this site, all of the pictures of red outriders with visible date codes were "EZ" -- 1998 and there was some mention that these were sold by Crate & Barrel.  The only green ones I saw with a visible date code were "ER" -- 1996.

Does anyone have a colored outrider with a different date code?  Can anyone confirm that they were C&B offerings?

Thanks!

Congrats! the Bottom half of the red outrider is the critical part to get. I'd throw a clean two tone red lid on it and admire/cook on it.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 10:12:30 PM »
Just about two weeks ago we (a local group of California Bay Area grillfellas) just had this discussion regarding the red mist Outriders.  One appeared locally on Craigs List and one of our group secured it.  There are 5 of us locally in the SF Bay Area that each posses one of the red mist Outriders and there were 3 more that have been passed onto others.  All 8 are/were date code EZ (1998).  Two of them are/were NIB and one of the sellers said he purchased it new at Crate and Barrel.  Unless someone can produce a red mist outrider with a date code other than EZ, it is our belief that the red mist Outrider was a one year only Crate and Barrel model.

;D

Which NorCal guy will sell their Red JJ for the cheapest price? Asking for a friend.  ;D