Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26 glen blue availability  (Read 1959 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: 26 glen blue availability
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 05:31:10 AM »
Released in OZ and already have scalpers wanting $1500 for one as it was limited. I don't think we hold the cards on colours that's for sure

Sent from my SM-N976B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

The scalping on everything this year has been ridiculous.  There really needs to be a law against marking up merchandise over the manufacturer recommended price for anything released in the last (at least) 12 months.  Some countries have started looking into it, but unfortunately I am sure that businesses like eBay and Facebook will heavily lobby against it.  I mean first we had people hoarding medical supplies and hand sanitizer to sell, then it was toilet paper, and now it is starting to affect a lot of other items as manufacturers are still trying to catch up from the shut down and other coronavirus related issues. 

If you have been following what is going on with the PS5 it has gotten BAD.  Like people breaking into moving delivery trucks to steal PS5s bad.  Everyone thought it was going to get better soon, but now their are shortages on electronic supplies making it worst.  There was a graphics card released about the same time as the gaming consoles that had people breaking into manufacturing facilities to steal and then scalp.  Even delivery drivers for USPS, Fedex, and UPS have been caught stealing delivery packages.   

What has made it particularly bad is technology and irresponsible retailers that don't care as long as they sell their stock.  It used to be that to buy something like a gaming console or whatever you had to stand in line or register to get just one (maybe two if you go to multiple retailers), but now they are using bots and software to seek out any inventory on the web and instabuying it all making the average consumer has no chance.  When a retailer lets go of stock it allows one person to get say 5-10 orders in while the average buyer might be lucky to get one.  Inventory of thousands of items are literally sold in less than two minutes and you have to spam click in hopes that your order gets through.  Websites were crashing and glitching from all of the bots and people trying to buy.  I got lucky by continuously inputing an order over and over on a glitchy Best Buy website and had one order go through.  Preorders we getting cancelled so much that I got lucky later and got a second preorder elsewhere just in case.  I fortunately had both show up at my doorstep and sold the second PS5 to a friend at cost. 

Lets just hope they don't start doing this with Weber too.  >:(
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Joep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 12:48:09 PM »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »
Looks like a deal - betting it sold quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 08:32:28 PM »
Dag nabbit. I need to get on Facebook just for the marketplace. I'm not much for social media

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

foles75

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2021, 05:06:27 AM »
Are there any rumors or talk of a 26 in another color other than black? I let the Glen blue sneak by me by accident... not going to let that happen again..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 05:16:23 AM by foles75 »

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2021, 09:18:55 PM »
Are there any rumors or talk of a 26 in another color other than black? I let the Glen blue sneak by me by accident... not going to let that happen again..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Man, part of me kind of hopes not because bright colored 26'rs would be an instant buy for me.  :D
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »
Did anything happen on 2/9?

Maybe soon....

regards,
Hal

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2021, 12:21:56 PM »
I think that is when the "new" Traveler was released.
Did anything happen on 2/9?

Maybe soon....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere