Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle Warming Rack  (Read 455 times)

Farace

• Smokey Joe
Weber Kettle Warming Rack
« on: May 30, 2021, 02:26:14 PM »
I’m still new here and wasn’t paying very close attention—am I correct in my recent belief that Weber no longer sells the semi-circular warming rack? I was thinking of getting another, but I haven’t seen any in stores, and now I’m thinking that I haven’t for quite some time. The one I have is twenty years old. I’ve seen some others available but they are too obstructive; they seem to cover almost half of the grill surface. I guess I need to take better care of this one. I’m currently scrubbing twenty years of crud off of it! I mostly use it for toasting buns, but it also comes in handy when you want to get something off the cooking grate but still want to keep it hot. (I sheepishly admit that I don’t remember ever scrubbing this rack clean before.)

Come to think of it, I haven’t seen the little fences, either, that snapped onto the charcoal grate and kept the coals confined to the sides and left the center clear. I think mine burned out. Again, bought twenty years ago.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Kettle Warming Rack
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 02:54:57 PM »
Does the one you are referring to look like this one?

Also I may have an extra set of the charcoal rails. They could be yours for the cost of shipping if you would like a set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 02:56:49 PM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Farace

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 04:35:41 PM »

Also I may have an extra set of the charcoal rails. They could be yours for the cost of shipping if you would like a set.

No, the rack I have is curved along both the inner and outer edges. Granted it holds less, but it’s also less in the way. See the attached photo. I’m surprised they don’t offer it anymore.

I may take you up on the charcoal rails.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 04:37:58 PM »

No, the rack I have is curved along both the inner and outer edges. Granted it holds less, but it’s also less in the way. See the attached photo. I’m surprised they don’t offer it anymore.

I may take you up on the charcoal rails.

That rack holds very little. Larger ones are available, that are more functional. Any warming rack will be "in the way", so you work around it.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

MBBQ

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 08:31:49 AM »
I just bought a Master Touch and it came with that exact rack so they must still be available.

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 01:12:50 PM »
One was also included with the purchase of a Weber Mastertouch but I prefer the SlowNSear SS Elevated Grate which I purchased last year..

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 01:43:31 PM »
That's exactly like my master touch one!
Its listed as:
65426    Warming rack, 22.5" MT, '15

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 05:12:25 PM »
This is the warming rack we have, stainless steel. It will hold almost a half of a salmon. We grilled up some salmon two days ago on this elevated rack, and it was very good!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 05:15:56 PM by TXFlyGuy »
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest