Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has Weber tweaked or modified the blue color in the past few years?  (Read 1281 times)

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
I'm getting ready to order a blue OTG before Weber turns them off for next year. Most of the ones I've seen are a darker blue, but I also saw a new Blue Performer that was much lighter, too much lighter to just be a subtle variation. Does anybody know if the blues being made in 2013 are relatively dark or light? Are the blue performers a different color than the blue otgs?

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Has Weber tweaked or modified the blue color in the past few years?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 05:25:34 PM »
I have six blue grills and no two are even close to the same....even the new ones and not the same, they are close but not the same.  One of them I have even has a very slight fade like a brownie and it's a new one from the last year....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Re: Has Weber tweaked or modified the blue color in the past few years?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »
Thanks for the response. That's equally reassuring (that I hadn't lost my mind) and frustrating (won't have much of a choice when I order one). Interestingly, Amazon lists them as "dark blue:"

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-1358001-One-Touch-Kettle-22-Inch/dp/B0098HR1J4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372646206&sr=8-1&keywords=weber+22+gold+blue

I'm kinda surprised there's so much variance in a mass produced product. That Performer I mentioned seeing at a local shop is almost blotchy, like the color was added very thinly and could've used another coat. Now that I think about it, that shop may have had a few blue OTGs in their basement. Maybe I'll have to go take a look & see what my options are.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:44:46 PM by cbpeck »