Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Paradise is: Queso and chorizo / chuck roast chili on the Weber Firepit  (Read 660 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
This is living

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
That is cool !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Where the heck is that grate from?
regards,
Hal

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
My buddy Craig Gabe it to me. He found it at Marshall’s last year

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
That looks like a fun cookout!

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
I've got the firepit here in the UK, now I just need the other raising/grate combo [emoji848]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
The grate worked out great and although there wasn't a time it felt like it was unstable I think I might wire-tie it to the ring to have that extra assurance that everything that was sitting atop it would be ruined if someone wasn't careful.

I'd wire-tie around these flared out tabs on the lid support.

I'm going to do some tests with a remote themometer for temps and try ribs one day and salmon another.

The tins were getting warm slowly without the lid over it- very slowly.  Putting the lid on contained the heat and smoke and the queso melted at a better rate and the chili warmed up to a simmer with the lid on so maybe perfect for smoking up under there!

here's a link to the video of it in action

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
the backyard is looking good @captjoe06
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I feel guilty saying how much I'm enjoying the quarantine and being able to cook every day