Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle Deep Ocean Blue 4 Month Update  (Read 1137 times)

littlepigbarbeque

• Smokey Joe
Weber Kettle Deep Ocean Blue 4 Month Update
« on: April 24, 2020, 02:06:37 PM »
For those Weber fans out there, check out my 4 month update of the Deep Ocean Blue kettle. I love Weber kettles and I'm just as excited to cook on this one as the day I put it together. 

Where those subscribers at??? lol enjoy! [emoji2]

https://youtu.be/BBN90QNkbCI

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Kettle Deep Ocean Blue 4 Month Update
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »
Nice review! Really like the color. Not hearing much about this blue and other newly released p shape vent Mts.

littlepigbarbeque

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 03:23:36 PM »
Nice review! Really like the color. Not hearing much about this blue and other newly released p shape vent Mts.
Appreciate you checking it out!  I love the blue the best, but I really like all of the colors lol.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 04:06:40 PM »
Forgot to mention, that the Red LE was made in China vs USA for other kettles including this Blue. Thus, more prone to issues with Red. Nice to see that you did not have problems with Red LE.

littlepigbarbeque

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »
Forgot to mention, that the Red LE was made in China vs USA for other kettles including this Blue. Thus, more prone to issues with Red. Nice to see that you did not have problems with Red LE.
Yet...lol I've been lucky so far. Then again I really haven't used it at high heat.  I've mainly had a smokenator in it since day one.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 07:33:17 PM »
For anyone in the market for a Performer, the apparently exclusive Crate & Barrel color (for a Performer anyway) is the Slate Blue (not the Deep Ocean blue).  See https://www.crateandbarrel.com/weber-slate-blue-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill/s515068

regards,
Hal

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 01:43:05 AM »
Anyone know the part number for the performer lid bale? If like to replace my MT lid bale with a preformer. I agree it's annoying to have it at an angle.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 03:37:45 AM »
You may want to reconsider that. If you put a performer lid bale on the mastertouch, you run the risk of it tipping over because of the position of the lid.

littlepigbarbeque

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 04:31:03 AM »
Anyone know the part number for the performer lid bale? If like to replace my MT lid bale with a preformer. I agree it's annoying to have it at an angle.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I went back and looked.  I said I got it from Amazon in the video, but I actually got it from ereplacementparts.  This is the part number for the performer lid bale.  I'm pretty sure this is the newer lid bale.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/lid-bale-brackets-with-hardware-p-1477084.html

I put one on my red limited edition and I just don't see it ever tipping over because of the lid.  The weight distribution is almost the exact same.  In saying that, obviously do so at your own risk.