Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: KettlePizza or similar pizza ring worth it?  (Read 492 times)

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
KettlePizza or similar pizza ring worth it?
« on: May 07, 2019, 07:09:26 AM »
I love making pizza on the kettle and I have a 16" pizza stone I am using here. I wonder if it is worth it upgrading to a pizza ring similar to the kettlepizza.
Right now I just open the lid and and slide the pizza on the stone. Same when turning the pizza. With a pizza ring the kettle might retain more heat but then you have less space to work. Plus they are not cheap.
In addition I want to get a second stone that I can make two larger pizzas at the same time so we can all eat together at the same time.
Any advice if it is worth to spend the money on that ring?

Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: KettlePizza or similar pizza ring worth it?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 07:22:04 AM »
If you are cooking 3 to 4 pizza just pick up another craiglist kettle to cook on side by side and save the extra $. If you are cooking a bunch of pizza still get a craiglist kettle and put a pizzaque on it for the price of the pizzakettle. Full pizzas cook in like 4min. If you proof the dough they cook in about 2 min. I was able to cook for 30 and everyone ate within the hr. It was about 12 to 15 pizzas.
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 08:29:15 AM »
If you were in the Chicago area, I'd ask you what you have to trade for a never used PizzaQue with a messed up box.
I cook pizza several times a week, just never on the kettle.  I bought it, but never used it because what I've been doing is just so damn easy.

Plus, I've convinced myself that I'm going to just do a mod, so why bother using the PizzaQue?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 08:31:03 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 11:10:07 AM »
If you want to use a kettle, cut a freebie lid.
Dude, relax your chicken.

Izzygrillz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 01:51:17 PM »
I own a kettlepizza use it on my 22”, I like it and it cooks them fast, I acquired mine through a trade otherwise I don’t know if I’d spend the money

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club