Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Mod?  (Read 1412 times)

hismaimai7777

• Happy Cooker
    • rut ham cau quan 12
Rotisserie Mod?
« on: November 26, 2018, 09:55:44 PM »
Does anyone have a cheap rotisserie mod idea for a 22" Weber? I would love to buy the genuine Weber kit but it's $250 here in Australia and is totally overpriced for what it is- a ring and a rotisserie, although I've read the rotisserie is made in Germany.

Keen to hear if anyone else felt the same and what their solution was!
Công ty rut ham cau quan 12 giá rẻ dịch vụ rút hầm cầu quận 12 uy tín

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie Mod?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:24:32 AM »

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »
Make your own Weber rotisserie for $30.00
You will need
1 Old Weber
1 Universal rotisserie kit, home center about $30.00
1 Thermometer for the lid about $6 at the home center. You will not know your cook temperature without this.

1. Drill 2 5/16 holes, one inch below lower kettle rim, in the center of the kettle parallel to the wheels.
2. Run spit rod through holes, mount motor bracket on left side. Bracket will have to be shimmed out do to curvature of kettle.
    Do not attach bracket without shims for this will add heat transfer to the bracket and motor.
3. I sawed off the non-point end of the skewer rod so only a few inches protrude when in use.

The rod goes into the motor on the left side. The bushing keeps the rod from walking out the right side.
   Questions?
   Thanks,
   E
einrej

Take a look at....    http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/make-a-ham-on-your-$30-00-weber-rotisserie/msg93115/#msg93115

Make your own Weber rotisserie for $30.00
You will need
1 Old Weber
1 Universal rotisserie kit, home center about $30.00
1 Thermometer for the lid about $6 at the home center. You will not know your cook temperature without this.

1. Drill 2 5/16 holes, one inch below lower kettle rim, in the center of the kettle parallel to the wheels.
2. Run spit rod through holes, mount motor bracket on left side. Bracket will have to be shimmed out do to curvature of kettle.
    Do not attach bracket without shims for this will add heat transfer to the bracket and motor.
3. I sawed off the non-point end of the skewer rod so only a few inches protrude when in use.

The rod goes into the motor on the left side. The bushing keeps the rod from walking out the right side.
   Questions?
   Thanks,
   E

Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »
einrej Rotisserie mod is the most cost effective.

If you already have a KettlePizza.  You can mod it to a duel purpose Rotisserie/Pizza oven. I have a thread somewhere on how I made this.

Or, if you rather buy one. Onlyfire roti. All SS ring and much cheaper than Weber version. SS ring and better seal at the bot. of the ring is why I got it. Pretty good reviews too. I may mod this too. Roti/Smoker ring.

jimz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 09:36:25 AM »
See attached pic. The rotisserie kit cost 80 on amazon 50 lb capacity. It’s just a piece of 12 ga hot rolled with holes to accept the rotisserie. High temp paint from amazon. Works great:

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
A bit over budget but rotisserie are great to have.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 11:08:14 AM »

Or, if you rather buy one. Onlyfire roti. All SS ring and much cheaper than Weber version. SS ring and better seal at the bot. of the ring is why I got it. Pretty good reviews too. I may mod this too. Roti/Smoker ring.

I picked up an Onlyfire also but the ring and motor mount were too flimsy for my liking.