Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lid bail update  (Read 749 times)

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
Lid bail update
« on: July 31, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »
I'm going to want a new style lid bail for my brand new AA code performer. What is the correct P/N and will weber sell me one?
 I just got back from a outdoor store checking out new kettles.
 Checked 2 LE reds with a 9/17 production date and a black Master touch with a 7/17 date.
 All 3 had the ''old style''  bail that caused all 3 lids to do the leaning tower thing.
 I just don't want to replace a new bail with the same part.

Cellar2ful

Re: Lid bail update
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »

The part number is #65188 ($22.07) for the newer lid bail that allows the lid to stand upright.  As far as I know, it only comes on Performer models produced in 2015 and newer.  I have read here on the Forum that when folks have put them on MT's, they are unstable (tip hazard) with the lid open in the bail.  There have been postings here on the Forum that Weber CS requires a serial number of your Performer to sell you the part. I was able to buy one last year without having a newer kettle registered.  May have been because it was a large order and the CS rep gave up looking to see if the parts fit grills registered to me.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:32:57 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 04:28:52 AM »
Thanks.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 06:30:54 AM »

The part number is #65188 ($22.07) for the newer lid bail that allows the lid to stand upright.  As far as I know, it only comes on Performer models produced in 2015 and newer.  I have read here on the Forum that when folks have put them on MT's, they are unstable (tip hazard) with the lid open in the bail.  There have been postings here on the Forum that Weber CS requires a serial number of your Performer to sell you the part. I was able to buy one last year without having a newer kettle registered.  May have been because it was a large order and the CS rep gave up looking to see if the parts fit grills registered to me.

Interesting.  I wonder if they'd be more willing to sell if you tell them you have an older performer that you wanted to upgrade. 
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!