Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A good problem to have  (Read 1195 times)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
A good problem to have
« on: November 10, 2017, 09:45:54 PM »
So last weekend and this weekend have been good with the Webers (not so lucky as to find a glen blue or get an ivory grill sent in to me![emoji12]) but it was still good.  I worked a deal or two that will hopefully get me one step closer to a personal grail 18” blue and I got my calendar contest sticker kit in the mail.

For the past couple of months I have been perving this yellow lid grill around the corner from my in laws.  At first I thought maybe the black bowl the lid was sitting on was painted over like my yellow was when I first found it, but soon realized it was a legit black bowl.  Fast forward to Halloween and trick or treating with my daughters.  The owner was giving out candy.  Long story short, they had no problem trading me a black lid for their yellow lid.  It was his best friends mother’s and he got it when his black lid got dropped, dented, and started to rust.  The bowl was used as a fire pit a long time ago and was long roached out.  Now I just have to decide which one to keep!  The original (on the left) or the “new one” on the right!

Thanks for your opinions!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:16:36 PM by Lowbrass »
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: A good problem to have
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 03:29:22 AM »
The original doesn’t have the rust on the handle straps and looks like it has a little less porcelain damage. Does the “new one” have more peel? All in all both look great and I would be happy with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 08:15:54 AM »
I have a black Performer that needs a lid. Sell me whichever one you don't want ... since the table hides most of the bowl's appearance, it'll be the closest I'll ever get to finding a "yellow Weber." :)

And we can both avoid shipping; I'll be in town for Xmas that week.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

jcross0977

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:30:16 PM »
If this lid is 22 I’d love to buy as my lid dropped ands won’t fit anymore, love to make it a full MIZZOU grill with the Black bowl and Gold lid!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:37:29 PM »
OK back the truck up, jcross0977.

As an (fellow??) alum I must point out that there are several Yellow Jackets teams around the country. And that's what you'd get with a black and yellow grill.

Not gold. Not a Tiger.

Bear hug your lid or lean on it. It'll fit.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch