Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My pre-1959 "find"  (Read 1076 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
My pre-1959 "find"
« on: October 11, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »
Let me preface this by saying that I'm new here.

In any event, when I was going through the age guide looking through the history of the changes to the grills, something dawned on me. 

I have seen a pre-1959 kettle (with the solid pan near the wheels) within the past year or so.  When I saw had seen it, the pan was somewhat banged up.  At the time, I did not recall ever seeing one like that and thought it was just some beat up Weber where someone had fashioned their own (or re-purposed something) to replace the missing circular ash catcher.  So, I didn't even bother asking how much they wanted for it.  Pretty certain it would have sold for a song because it was probably likely a regular flea market or garage sale.  If I had realized it's legacy, it would be in my backyard now. 

Now, I shall think of it as the one that got away. 

Yeah, I'm kicking myself in the ass about now.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:51:55 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: My pre-1959 "find"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »
Can't get them all.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 05:34:54 PM »
Yeah, but I'm kicking myself for not taking a closer look at it.  If I had, I probably would have realized the triangular pan was original and not the result of someone rigging a fix. 
regards,
Hal

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 07:57:01 PM »
Ugh, the one that got away...

I’ve had things I’ve passed on and wished I had not.

Someday I hope to come across a pre-1959 grill.. that is probably next on the list (my list is short)
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner