Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help with NIB Promo Grill and Weber CS  (Read 1314 times)

db3694

• WKC Brave
Help with NIB Promo Grill and Weber CS
« on: August 08, 2017, 03:44:37 PM »

I got this new in box from EBay.  It has a scratch on it.  I called Weber and they said they have never made a Miller Lite grill and don't have this in the system.  I offered to send pictures but CS said to wait on a call from a supervisor. Has anyone ever had a similar situation ? It should be know that I did contact the seller on EBay and he did make it right.   

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Re: Help with NIB Promo Grill and Weber CS
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 04:09:16 PM »
Promo grills aren't distributed through retail channels, so I wouldn't expect them to carry full warranties. Grills bought from unauthorized dealers (i.e. eBay) also don't carry warranties. CS may take care of you, but my guess is that you'll have to accept it as is.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 04:11:28 PM »
And if they did replace your lid you'd likely get a new black one. Refund option from eBay seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 04:59:43 PM »
Did you let customer service know that you bought this off ebay?  Was the eBay seller an authorized weber dealer?  If not than it would be dishonest to try and claim a warranty would it not??

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »
It's this sort of thing that will continue to drive their prices up or cause their customer service to not be as good

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 04:18:15 AM »
That's a nice Kettle! I wouldn't worry too much about that scratch. Don't know how much you paid for it but you said the guy made it right, and a blue with 99.9% mint porcelain is rare. Good cooker! It is a bummer when Ebay sellers don't  accurately describe what they are selling. If you are selling you have to document the sell really good because if the buyer can claim "Item not as described" you might have to refund purchase price and shipping plus pay to have item shipped back to you. Shipping on a kettle aint cheep. You could touch up with some caliper or header paint. Good luck mixing/matching that periwinkle blue. Some folks here think that sort of thing adds character to a grill. Any exposed metal may need a coating to keep rust away. Rustoleum makes a 2000 degree gloss clear. You can razor off any that gets on the blue porcelain and buff with a little compound.