Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Copper MT + Kettlepizza Rotisserie for the first time  (Read 2237 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: The Copper MT + Kettlepizza Rotisserie for the first time
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »
Moar please!!
I'd love to have my (mostly idle) KP do double duty.
Is that roti spit and motor from a gasser?
Do tell us about your set-up!

-Cheers!

Yes it is a brand new roti spit and the motor for the gasser I scored for cheap. Here is a thread on how this project started. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/rotisserie-question-28302/15/  I could provide more info if needed.

Going forward, after I get my SS top performer project done....I am using dazzo's  suggestion on clip on plate to cover the front opening. Also, to make it into a smoker duty... I will cut up a spare lid to be used as a base for the ring.

Thank you all, for your kind words. Really happy how this turned out for cheap and the chicken on roti was amazing.

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 02:26:13 PM »
I like the rack with the potatoes. Did you make that yourself?

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 08:19:01 PM »
I like the rack with the potatoes. Did you make that yourself?

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thanks! I did cut up a new cooking grate mainly to use it as a extra support for the ring. Not needed but made the ring assy much more solid. It is so solid and lined up so nicely that the spit thru. the ring hole on the motor side, the spit floats in the hole when loaded and spinning. On the other side has the bushing so the spit does not even touch the ring at all.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 05:51:33 AM »
Love the ingenuity here @greenweb.

I had a similar thought about cooking potatoes while spinning a chicken.  Next roti cook I'm going to see if I can fit my CnT ring in there.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"