Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bought myself a father's day gift - Ballistic Griddle Baby!  (Read 4933 times)

Coppertop

• Happy Cooker
Re: Bought myself a father's day gift - Ballistic Griddle Baby!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 07:16:22 AM »
I bought one of these griddles as well and just used it for the first time last night.  Granted the burgers were great, just like pub grilled burgers.  However, there was a couple of things I disliked about this and one being is that while I used 80/20 hamburgers, I had a lot of grease and the grease found it's way to the bottom causing a flare up.  I had to put the lid on to put out the flame and this would be like microwaving my burgers.  Does anybody have a trick to keep the grease from spilling over?  Secondly, what's the best way to clean this griddle after use?  It's not the same as doing the grates.

flyinpig14

• Smokey Joe
Re: Bought myself a father's day gift - Ballistic Griddle Baby!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 07:01:39 AM »
I bought one of these griddles as well and just used it for the first time last night.  Granted the burgers were great, just like pub grilled burgers.  However, there was a couple of things I disliked about this and one being is that while I used 80/20 hamburgers, I had a lot of grease and the grease found it's way to the bottom causing a flare up.  I had to put the lid on to put out the flame and this would be like microwaving my burgers.  Does anybody have a trick to keep the grease from spilling over?  Secondly, what's the best way to clean this griddle after use?  It's not the same as doing the grates.
I haven't had any flare ups yet. I've only used mine a couple times. I keep the charcoal contained in my weber baskets under the griddle, so if anything runs over it's not going to hit the coals. As far as cleaning, I usually take my spatula and scrape off anything I can. Then I just take some aluminum foil and scrape off the rest. Like I said, I've only used it a couple times, so I may not be the best one to comment.