Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: An Imperial, Plainsman, & Ambassador ~UPDATE~  (Read 3363 times)

harris92

• WKC Performer
Re: An Imperial, Plainsman, & Ambassador
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 05:24:30 AM »
Here you go Craig. @Craig

On the left is a Patent Pending Yellow with rubber tread wheels (prob a '72).  On the right is a small tab bowl yellow.  I am guessing it is a '73.
The Ambassador is MUCH lighter.  I even compared a Homer Simpson smokey joe.  Much lighter than that too. 

Great photos and nice looking Ambassador, @harris92 ! By chance you wouldn't have an early 70s small bowl tab yellow to pose it next to it, do you? Seems the early 70s yellows weren't as deep as the mid-late 70s yellows. Almost similar to an Ambassador, but not quite. Or better yet, pose as many yellows as you have in chronological order. Ambassador-'mid-late 70s Gourmet/Yachtsman. That would be cool to see.

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
Re: An Imperial, Plainsman, & Ambassador ~UPDATE~
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 12:13:26 PM »
Great collection, thanks for sharing 

WTB Original Wood Dale legs, triangle, wheels and legs.Blue SSP,  Blue mbh, Blue Mlh.

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 05:53:11 AM »
Fantastic collection, looks beautiful.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 07:06:41 AM »
Here you go Craig. @Craig

On the left is a Patent Pending Yellow with rubber tread wheels (prob a '72).  On the right is a small tab bowl yellow.  I am guessing it is a '73.
The Ambassador is MUCH lighter.  I even compared a Homer Simpson smokey joe.  Much lighter than that too. 

Great photos and nice looking Ambassador, @harris92 ! By chance you wouldn't have an early 70s small bowl tab yellow to pose it next to it, do you? Seems the early 70s yellows weren't as deep as the mid-late 70s yellows. Almost similar to an Ambassador, but not quite. Or better yet, pose as many yellows as you have in chronological order. Ambassador-'mid-late 70s Gourmet/Yachtsman. That would be cool to see.

That is another stunning grouping.  Love it!  Would have been nice to have 78 Yellow together to compare colors with earlier yellows like Graig mentioned.