Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The PK Grill  (Read 4706 times)

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
Re: The PK Grill
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2016, 09:04:24 AM »
if i found a deal on one, i would buy and try it.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 01:25:35 PM »
I own one and I like it a lot.  It is on the smaller side but you can buy two different size elevated racks that increase capacity.  It is very miserly on fuel and I always use my charcoal at least twice when cooking on it.  I just took mine cross country from MO to the beach in NC on vacation.  It breaks down very easily for travel and is one of the things that the manufacturer promotes.

I've not tried cooking indirect yet but from everything I've read and the youtube video's I've watched, it does an excellent job at it.  I use some cheap SS baskets off of Amazon for my charcoal which makes things a little easier.  PK is supposed to be coming out with their own charcoal baskets sometime soon.

For some people the lack of a ash cleaner/basket system is a negative but I just bought a cheap baking pan to put on the lower shelf to catch ash and bought a cheap wisk broom/dust pan combo at walmart to clean out the ash in the bottom which takes no time at all.

It is kind of expensive but the price of any cooking grill is subjective dependent on what a person likes.  I bought mine new and don't regret the purchase and this grill will definitely outlast me.

Wayne

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 01:51:10 PM »
I'm still kicking myself for passing on a PK for $75!

http://www.pkgrills.com/the-steak-cook-off-association-competition-bundle/
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!