Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ode to the Weber 9815 (or, 62538) "dual purpose" thermometer  (Read 6238 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ode to the Weber 9815 (or, 62538) "dual purpose" thermometer
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »
Mark I already bought the Weber because I didn't realize the other existed. I have Tel-Tru's thermo that fits a Weber bezel in my JJ's lid.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Ode to the Weber 9815 (or, 62538) "dual purpose" thermometer
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 07:16:56 PM »
Can't take my eyes off that double 18 WSM cart.

Yeah, If I wanna take a peek at them, they are in my teammates barn!

I, too, prefer this style lid thermo over the dome therm.

I recently rescued a "M" code OT+.  The therm is measuring Celcius only>:( >:(

Is it possible at all to calibrate these ??  This one is measuring way off where it should be.
Water boils at 100℃ …

Seriously? The Weber thermos are POS! I bought 3 replacements from Weber one time and they were all off 10-25* in boiling water. I sent them back and they probably resold them!!

For @ $5 more the Tel-Tru is calibratable and better quality.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!